Re: Router LED turns tellow and lose internet 5 times a day
JeffT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just switched from Comcast to Verizon. I'm running into this issue, and the support is difficult to work with. It makes me want to go back to Comcast (I'm tempted).

As for the ARC_CLOUD warnings/notices, that only happens when you are using coax cable as the backhaul between the router and the extender. If I switch to using 5 Ghz, I no longer see that logged and the problem seems to disappear. 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Clarification: the Internet drops when the extender is connected to the router via coaxial cable, but not when connected via 5GHz Wi-Fi? 🤔

JeffT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, that's what I'm seeing. When using Wi-Fi as backhaul, I no longer see arc_cloud events:

2021 Aug 15 17:42:15 arc_cloud warning [CLOUD.4][ADV] ping WAN failed, try again.
2021 Aug 15 17:42:15 arc_cloud notice [CLOUD.5][ADV] We Re-check Internet!

In fact, I just found this posting that appears to validate my finding G3100-Router-and-E3200-Extender-COAX-Issues 

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

JeffT2, that seems like a link issue anywhere between your BHR to GWR, which is different from the OP's.

JeffT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, not sure what GWR, BHR, or OP stands for. But the other post said and I quote here:

"@Shonny63 wrote:

UPDATE:  Unplugged coax from Extender and all is well.  Extender and router (I guess) are close enough to connect and work wirelessly with good performance."

That's exactly what I did to make this problem go away, but I would still like to know why there's a problem in the first place as I prefer the faster wired performance on the backhaul.

JeffT2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and what about this post Fios-Extender-Periodic-Disconnect

Both you Cang_Household and Dexman have participated in that discussion. Do you not see the similarities?