SENT TO COLLECTIONS AFTER BEING TOLD I WAS OWED MONEY! SERIOUSLY
swissmiss2013

I had Verizon FiOs for one year, and this will be the last time I will ever conduct business with Verizon. I returned all my equipment at the UPS store, and thankfully, the UPS employee encouraged me to keep all the equipment return receipts for at least 6 months (which I should have seen as a red flag). All my bills were paid on-time and in-full, and after my final bill was paid, I received an invoice from Verizon stating that they owed me $29.00. A few months later, I get a bill for $77 stating that I did not return a router. I called and was on the phone for an hour before talking to customer service. I submitted a claim because they were billing me for a router that I did not have AND they had no record of it being sent to my house, or installed, but it was listed under "my equipment". A ticket was supposedly opened and I was supposed to hear from them in 30 days or so, and to disregard any bills I might receive in the meantime. Well, I never heard anything, and then received a collections notice from a collections agency for $77. I called Verizon again, this time; I sat on hold for 3 HOURS and never spoke to anyone! Googled contact numbers and came across an "unlisted" number that got me through to someone the next day. I had stated that if this was going to show up on my credit I would pay it, but I was told by the customer representative that it would be taken out of collections and I was to receive a check for $29.00 as I had originally expected. A month later I receive another notice from a different collections agency stating that I owe Verizon $77! The same day I received my current credit report (which I get each month) and my score dropped from 775 to 680. I was devastated. And it was all thanks to Verizon. They reported my account as negative and in collections and my score dropped nearly 100 points. How they can get away with this is beyond me, but I will do all I can to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

0 Likes
Re: SENT TO COLLECTIONS AFTER BEING TOLD I WAS OWED MONEY! SERIOUSLY
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi swissmiss2013,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Re: SENT TO COLLECTIONS AFTER BEING TOLD I WAS OWED MONEY! SERIOUSLY
swissmiss2013

So, no one has contacted me from Verizon. I have already spoke to "customer service" and "billing agents" 3 times about this problem, and it was SUPPOSEDLY solved, but no, I have a negative account on my credit due to mistake by your company.  I just want this taken care of.

0 Likes