Re: Seagate Goflex Home and Verizon actiontec router
rimarco1

Setting the Actiontec router to 100/Full Duplex worked for me! It hasn't bounced yet! Thank you!

0 Likes
Grek79Ital

I got my GoFlex Home drive in december, and have never had any issues with it, for the past week, I cant connect to my drive via my iphone app, through 3G/4G, i keep getting the message The Request Has Times Out, I have emailed support and they have yet to be helpful, none of my settings have been changed.

Network sharing is on

Both UPNP is set to yes

Both FTP Settings are set to yes

Remote Access is enabled

The iphone app will connect to the drive over the home wifi network, but not an outside wifi nextwork either. 

This is the status of my ports

They are saying blocked, but nothing has changed, I have Verizon Fios and I have no idea how to change or open the port forwarding.

You have 0 out of 4 ports open (going to your GoFlex Home from the Internet). See details below.
Your External IP Address is: 71.190.214.81
Port 21 (FTP access): This port is blocked.
Port 22 (Support): This port is blocked.
Port 443 (Secure Web access): This port is blocked.
Port 80 (Web access): This port is blocked.
Technical note

Port 21 (FTP access) will show blocked until it's set to "ON" From the Internet, in Network Services of GoFlex Home's Administration area.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Grek79Ital wrote:

I have no idea how to change or open the port forwarding. 

Port forwarding instructions for the Actiontec MI424-WR router

0 Likes
PRM2013

I never join forums but I had to, to say this set up worked for me.  I really appreciate those that take the time to put this info. in forums to relieve the frustrations of those looking for answers.

0 Likes