Service Checkup does not load
MSnitz
Enthusiast - Level 2

After dealing with four Verizon tech support people including one who took over my computer, I still cannot get a straight answer as to why I cannot get Service Checkup to load.  Tried shutting down McAfee anti-virus program, tried using Internet Exployer 8, tried setting Compatibility Vew and all I get is a blank page.  Fortunately my DSL connection is working fine but there's got to be a way to load Service Checkup.   My DSL installation is several years old and I only have 394k RAM  using Windows XP.  Would really appreciate suggestions from someone who really knows before I give up on it.

0 Likes
Re: Service Checkup does not load
jude

I was told today by an online tech  that service checkup is having maintenance done on it. and will not be available for a few days.  Maybe this is why I can't get the update for it to work for me. 

0 Likes
Re: Service Checkup does not load
MSnitz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Finally found answer to my own question.  After having uninstalled some Verizon stuff and having friend forward the exe file to install Service Checkup.  Installation started normally, but shortly got error message stating:  In order to install Service Checkup you need at least 510 MB RAM.  Since I only have 394 MB RAM, the program prompted me to Exit.  Why didn't any of the Verizon techs tell me this before I wasted weeks trying to get the program to load?  Techs don't seem to know what questions to ask.