Verizon Cost to Move ONT to Copper and run cable internally?
fenix1792
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just bought some MoCA adapters and such to remove the Actiontec router from my house.  Planned on cutting over to CAT6 on the ONT today, then I realized it's outside my house and I need to drill through brick and install another outlet.

Does Verizon offer this service or should I just do it myself?

Thanks,

Jim

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cost to Move ONT to Copper and run cable internally?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@fenix1792 wrote:

I just bought some MoCA adapters and such to remove the Actiontec router from my house.  Planned on cutting over to CAT6 on the ONT today, then I realized it's outside my house and I need to drill through brick and install another outlet.

Does Verizon offer this service or should I just do it myself?

Thanks,

Jim

If they do they'll charge you for it.  Is it face brick over wood or real brick?  If the former I'd do it myself, the latter may not be so simple depending how many layers of brick you have to go through.

What are the MoCa adapters for? oe maybe I should say how will that help to remove the Actiontec router which is already basically a MoCa adapter?

0 Likes
fenix1792
Enthusiast - Level 2

The MoCA adapters are for TV after I remove the craptiontec from my house and use my own router.  I'm sick of this thing crashing on me everyday, and all the other various network oddities I've had since switching to FiOS and introducing it to my network.  I work from home and rely on my hardware, so to me it's worth it.

Option #9 here is what I am doing:  http://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

It's actually aluminum siding and who knows what behind it.  1994 Townhome.

0 Likes
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

I did option 6.  That took the Verizon router out of the picture as all it does now is handle the STB's guide, VOD and onscreen caller id. I stuck it under the stairs where it's out of the way.  Was a simple change only took about 20 minutes.

If you did it that way you don't need the moca adapters as the Verizon subnet is all by itself on the coax segment.

0 Likes
fenix1792
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think i just marked you a solution by accident.  Ooops.

I have TiVO's and no standard STBs in the house, so the feature losses don't matter to me.

Anyways, I guess I'll just call verizon to see what they want to charge me to drill holes in my house.

0 Likes