Re: Verizon DSL Low speed Internet (0.1 - 1 Mbp/s)
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@justRLuck wrote:

Note MANY reports of Verizon reducing speeds to the minimum allowed by original agreement. I too signed up for "UP TO 3MB" download speeds and after 7 years of getting at or near 3Mbps my speed has been reduced to 1.5Mbps. I complained and I was sent a new modem and a technician reset my speed (at Verizon) to 3.4Mbps - which settled to 2.9Mbps until this week. It is now 1.5Mbps and steady. Verizon is reducing speeds for business reasons. Many employees apparently aren't aware of this. 

For this issue, make sure when you ask to have your speed turned back up, that they also disable the ASSIA Optimizer for your line. Otherwise you'll wind up right back where you started, which is what happened. Many around here have had luck getting the optimizer turned off simply by saying the name I mentioned above.

Just as an FYI. In this case, if the problem is not with the OP's computer, the problem is likely with the DSLAM or a circuit into the network. This does happen, and I can help get this fixed up. For now, I'll let dslr take the show.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon DSL Low speed Internet (0.1 - 1 Mbp/s)
warrenhottie
Enthusiast - Level 3

My trouble happened two days ago on both my CompaQ 32 bit Vista Desktop and also my Dell Inspiron 64 bit Windows 7 laptop as there is also static on the phone line besides and the highest peak was .49 using The Verizon speedtest, speakeasy.net which a tech that came last recommended because he said unlike speedtest.net which I also used is independent. He installed trhe Westell 7500 the second one becau:se the first one burned up and this one feels hot also. But besides that I ran the troubleshooter for the phone and it would not come ending the cycling of the first part of the test. So, I tried to find a way to report the issue for 20 hours at the two trelephone numbers and even at 3 am it kept saying the call is very heavy at this time so hold on unlesss you get disconnected which happened every single trime until I figured I would call Premium Tech support since I pay for it and was on live chat at the same time. Somehow he got me through to a support rep for DSL after 15 minutes and she said she would run a speed test of which she never told me if there was a problem in theiur netwoirk  or not but went through the procedure of setting up an appt. BUT MY MAIN QUESTION IS HOW COME THERE IS NO WAY TO FILL IN A SUPPORT TICKET YOURSELF ;instead of at the end of the tests it gives you the phone numbers that I couldn't get through on. Doesn't that make that troubleshooter a waste of time and adding frustration and anger towards Verizon?

Side note-I went to the pharmacy to get a couple prescriptios and they use Verizon too but when he was checking mne out his computer was very slow and the credit card device built in wouldn't work so their issue supposed to be a outside in the network problem and probably was the cause of the problem instead of fixing it then I had to pay cash-lucky I had it on me. He also told me down the street on the way into work were two V trucks. So isn't that was them that messed it up and it still was said to me by the rep that there was no problem and it is in my apt?? WHAT???!!! Another reason to go to their highest competitor starting with a COM or A XFin

0 Likes