Verizon Does Not Care About Customer Service
NoServiceHere1
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Feb 24, at 2 AM, I had Internet.  At 5 AM, I did not, and the Internet light on my modem was dark.  I called the Toll Free number and after answering all my personal information, I was forwarded and told to hold as all agents were busy.  After a while, I was forwarded to a recording that said there was no one there to take my call and then the message said they were hanging up and they did…  I called back and the same thing happened again.  I looked though all my extensive paperwork (and I have a lot from the many times I've lost service), I called the number provided by the manager of the local (757 area code) local office and planned on leaving a message only to have the recording say his voice mail was full.  This did not come as a surprise as it was full the first time I tried to use it when he first gave it to me....  I guess the old saying is true, "you can get so much more done if you don't have waste time talking to customers…"  I then found another old number, on my original contract from 2007.  I called it and finally got through to Rubin who after making me got through the standard "goat rope" of turning off the computer, resetting my modem etc… he wrote up a ticket.  I was very specific to ensure he knew I had NO internet, as he kept saying "SLOW" internet…  He assured me that I would receive a call back by 10 AM…  At 11 AM, with no call back, I called and spoke to John, who said that the crew was on my ticket and had been dispatched at 7 AM, that the job was almost done and they were in the final stages of testing the circuit and that when they were done, I would be called to ensure my Internet was working… 

At 2 PM, with still no Internet or call back, I called again and spoke to Ester who thought I had a SLOW connection and that the job had been fixed.  Oh she apologized just like their training has taught them, and she assured me that they were working the job.  After speaking to Ester, I tried the manager's number again at the local office and sure enough, I was forwarded to his voice mail again and sure enough, it was still full and hung up on me… 

AT 5 PM, I received an automated call that told me that my service was restored…  News to me as I still had no Internet and the Internet light was still dark…  luckily, the message also said that if I was still having a problem, press zero, I did and was finally spoke to Franco…  But once again, Franco rolls out the hoops for me jump through, you know: name, address, phone number, PIN, etc…  Franco told me that my work order had been closed and that my Internet service had been restored (news to me since I still could not get on the internet and my Internet light was still dark…  so after much rigmarole, he told me I had to log onto my modem to reset it and as we went through the step, I needed the original password that the installer used when my modem was set up (remember that was back in 2007…).  Well as I said, I kept all my paperwork and I found where the installer scribbled it on some of my paperwork…  Well, it worked.  My Internet light flickered, then stayed lit, and I was back on line…  God Bless America…  Afterwards, I again called the local office and the manager's voice mail is still full… 

So, what is deriving me waste time writing this now…  Well, I just checked my email and found two emails from Verizon, one from 8:04 AM telling me that they detected a problem on my line that might affect my service…  (Yeah, No Service…) and a follow up email at 10:54 telling me that my service had been restored…  (Still No service…) 

Any case, I'm still waiting for my follow up phone call…

Re: Verizon Does Not Care About Customer Service
SBREPS
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know EACTLY what you are dealing with, I mean it to the word.

0 Likes