Verizon FIOS customer service complaints - Be aware new customers
sagar1

Today I had the worst customer service experience ever and wasted at least 4 hours talking and chatting with different customer representatives. I receive Verizon Fios advertisement almost once every week in my mail box from Verizon saying "Switch to Fios now and get out best price ever". Finally, today I decided I would contact Verizon to switch and went to the offer link given in the mail, that is: verizon.com/fios/7fr with offer 69.99/month for Fios Triple Play with no annual contract. I started the chat to get the details of the offer and got billing estimates confimed to $99.87 per month including Triplay service, Fios Quantum gateway router rent, 1 HD set top box rent, tax and broadcast fee. In this offer there was clearly mentioned there would be no installation fee for new customer. Just to confirm that I asked at least 3 times to the cusomer representative, if there are any hidden fees and charges and installation charge, and was assured there is no installation fee or other hidden charges. So I confimed my order and got a number to call to activate my account and get installation date. So far I was happy and excited to switch to so called "best" internet/TV service provider. But then I started to encounter information gap problem with in different cusomer service team.

-I got the installation date after 16 days (6th of May) and was given a time frame. When I requested for changing the time, he just said there is no other option and I can't change the time. I agreed upon that becasue I had no other choice.

-He asked me for the credit card number and I gave it him on phone, and got notification from my account with charge of $250 with verizon name. I asked him what that charge is, then he told me that was deposit, which I was not communicated till that moment. When I told him why he did not inform me about the charge, he later apologized and I said thats fine, again because I had no other choice.

-Then he sent me an email with estimated monthly charge, and I found he charged me Fios setup fee $50  for the first month (Total - $150 - Installment 1 of 3).

-I asked him to waive that fee as that was against the offer i signed up for. He said he would removed that and made me wait for another 15 min. Then I got another email with exactly same charges - $154.60 for first 3 months (should have been $99.87)

- Then I told him I got the same email agian, he just said he can't do anything and I must pay this to get the service. I told I will talk with someone else and he agreed.

- I called customer service again and after explaining everything customer service representative just hung up on me...wow

- I called again, explained everything then customer service responded - Should I go ahead and cancel you order?Seriously? Whats wrong with customer service representative, I called to resolve the issue and he suggested me to cancel. ( i mean what kind of marketing is that?)..

I said OK go ahead and cancel my account and refund me $250 that was charge to my credit card. He cancelled my order and said he will transfer my call to finance department for refund, After waiting for some time, I was transferred to finance and they said I have to talk to customer service department for that and agian got forwarded. After waiting for 15 min, finaly a customer service representative spoke and assured the charged amount would be refunded.

i have not got any email for any refunded amount until now.

Thanks a lot Verizon Fios customer service representative team for making my day 😞

0 Likes
Re: Verizon FIOS customer service complaints - Be aware new customers
Pahiker1
Contributor - Level 1

Be happy, you got to a chat session. I can't pick the right combination of options to get anything other than the verizon "agent" and the forums.