new customer
sue3772

I just switched to Verizon Fios from Comcast Exfinity.  Comcast offered Norton antivirus for free.  Does Verizon offer a free internet security program?

0 Likes
Re: new customer
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

No.   They offer a packaged solution (VISS) for a fee, but I would highly recommend you avoid it.  It's not worth the price or aggrevation.

Download one of the many good free anti-virus products (AVG, Avast, Avira, to name a few) or invest in a good fee based product from a reputable vendor (my current favorite is GFI Software's ViPRE -- it has a very light footprint/impact on system performance, it's relatively inexpensive, has a "home user" license model which covers all machines in the house, and since installing it I've not had any virus or malware outbreaks -- and in the unlikely event one occurs, they will work with you to disinfect the machine for free).

Re: new customer
RMN3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just download Microsoft Security Essentials for free. Even though its free, I think its better than Norton and many other paid antivirus tools. Avira and Avast are other free options that are both very good.