Call Assistant with voice mail disabled?
lik2bik

Can Call Assistant be used with Verizon Voice Mail disabled?

My package automatically provided Verizon Voice Mail - however I called to have it disable on 7/10 because I prefer to just use my answering machine for messages (don't like having to call another number, etc).  When I called to make my request I asked if I could leave Call Assistant active so I could still see my call log online and was told yes.  However, it appears that Call Assistant was also disabled.  After calling Verizon a second time and getting mixed info, I was given a direct number to "Verizon Call Assistant".  When I called them I was told to go online and "add that service back" - which I did even though since it's a no cost it appeared that "no services" were added to my ticket.  Several hours later I can see my Call Assistant log on my Verizon.com account but it's still not logging incoming calls.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant with voice mail disabled?
admkshr
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes it takes a couple days for HVM to be re-added to a line. When you get it back on your line if you still want to use an answering machine just set your HVM's ring count to 7 or 8  to be sure the answering machine will always pick up before the HVM. If you live in an area where you cannot set the ring count yourself through the HVM menu, ask someone at the Verizon business office to set it for you.

0 Likes
Re: Call Assistant with voice mail disabled?
lik2bik

Thanks for the tip 🙂  I had already done that.  The problem was that if I was on the phone and a second call came in, it would automatically dump into the Verizon voice mail which is what I did not want.  My friends and family know that if I'm already on a call when they call, I'll either "flash" them in to let them know I'll call them back - or if the phone just rings and the answer machine doesn't pick up that I'm on a call that I don't want to interrupt and to call back.

Anyway, after 4 calls to Verizon and some "insistance" about getting this resolved, I finally got someone that figured out the issue AND was able to fix it!  Now only my phone answering machine is active and I can check my call log on-line.

0 Likes