Call forwarding
Nisky
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I change my call forwarding feature on my landline?  The site has plenty of options to upsell me on new services, but I can't find an answer to this simple question.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Call forwarding
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition to Call Forwarding Variable (*72/*73) Verizon also offers Ultra Forward which allows you to manage call forwarding remotely from any touch-tone phone by dialing an access number. 

Ultra Forward costs a few dollars extra (I am in NY and pay $4.50/month) but can be useful depending on your needs.

Note: Ultra Forward has priority over Call Forwarding Variable. If you subscribe to both services any Ultra Forward settings will override your standard call forwarding. There is also no reminder or "splash" ring with Ultra Forward to remind you calls are being forwarded.

Ultra Forward can not be ordered online, you need to call Verizon to check service availability and place an order.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Change it to what? If you want to disable it it is *73. If you want to forward to a new number is is *72 then dial the number. When it rings pick it up and it will be activated.

0 Likes
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

In addition to Call Forwarding Variable (*72/*73) Verizon also offers Ultra Forward which allows you to manage call forwarding remotely from any touch-tone phone by dialing an access number. 

Ultra Forward costs a few dollars extra (I am in NY and pay $4.50/month) but can be useful depending on your needs.

Note: Ultra Forward has priority over Call Forwarding Variable. If you subscribe to both services any Ultra Forward settings will override your standard call forwarding. There is also no reminder or "splash" ring with Ultra Forward to remind you calls are being forwarded.

Ultra Forward can not be ordered online, you need to call Verizon to check service availability and place an order.

0 Likes