Calls with no caller ID info still coming in...
id2nv2nj2ca3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have Verizon digital voice.  And this after having Vonage for years.  Oh, how I sometimes wish I had never changed.  Such as when I continually have phone calls ringing in that have "Unavailable" showing up on my TV screen and phone.  I have set up my account so that calls with no caller ID available won't even ring.  Perhaps someone here, another user or a VZ employee can explain this to me.  I NEVER got a call that came in with no caller ID info when I had Vonage.

On another note, can someone else explain how numbers that are unpublished and unlisted, whether they are cell phones, home phones, or business phones, can be bought?  For example, I would be really ticked off to find out, after paying for an unlisted and unpublished number, that someone can type my phone number in and buy my name, address, etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Calls with no caller ID info still coming in...
focused02

I understand because I am having the same problem.  I see that no one from Verizon has answered yes and yes it is annoying.  Would someone from Verizon please answer this question.  I am having a problem at work and someone keeps calling my landlines with the unlisted number.  I keyed in the ^77 and it is still coming in.  Would someone please HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Calls with no caller ID info still coming in...
mike19691
Contributor - Level 1

*77, or Anonymous Call Rejection (ACR), only rejects call that would show on caller ID as "anonymous" or "private". These are calls where the incoming caller ID information is there, but the caller has chosen to block it from appearing on your caller id display. *77 cannot block calls where there is no caller ID information sent, such as "unavailable", "unknown",  or "out of area". These calls can only be screened with the optional feature Call Intercept.

0 Likes