Can I remove old phone wires that run into my house?
susansbusy

I have cable telephone and do not want to keep the old phone wires that go under my house siding and into my garage - it's unsightly.  Can I remove the wire that is going into the house?  Is it a live wire?  

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I remove old phone wires that run into my house?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Any wires that are on the customer side of the Network Interface Device belong to the customer. Yes you can remove them but make sure you are not using them. Sometimes cable backfeeds into the jack to send the telephone to other parts of the house. You might also want to consider if you get rid of cable the phone company uses those wires to provide phone service, if you remove them you will be billed later on if you wish to have phone service at that location again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Any wires that are on the customer side of the Network Interface Device belong to the customer. Yes you can remove them but make sure you are not using them. Sometimes cable backfeeds into the jack to send the telephone to other parts of the house. You might also want to consider if you get rid of cable the phone company uses those wires to provide phone service, if you remove them you will be billed later on if you wish to have phone service at that location again.

0 Likes
susansbusy

Thank you!!

0 Likes