Changing ring count in voice mail
derf

Been trying to change the ring count because it picks up on the fourth ring which is not long enough to get to the phone. I finally got a hold of someone and was told that I would have to pay 1.00 per month to have it changed.  Seems like a rip off to me. I told them to cancel the voice mail. I would cancel my Verizon phone if I had cell service here. Very disappointed

0 Likes
Re: Changing ring count in voice mail
Drewby

@derf wrote:

Been trying to change the ring count because it picks up on the fourth ring which is not long enough to get to the phone. I finally got a hold of someone and was told that I would have to pay 1.00 per month to have it changed.  Seems like a rip off to me. I told them to cancel the voice mail. I would cancel my Verizon phone if I had cell service here. Very disappointed

I know, it's a rip-off! I pay a $1 a month. Smiley Mad  I have the Freedom Package, you think it would be free to change the number of rings.

0 Likes
phinney5350
Contributor - Level 1

This is no charge to change your ring count. Simply access you voicemail & go to advanced options. There you can set ring counts FREE. Whoever told you it costs is wrong, unless you want Verizon to do it, then there's a charge.Try this link

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Home+Voice+Mail/Questions+and+Answer...

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

There is absolutely no charge for changing the number of rings on your voicemail service.

0 Likes
Drewby

@VZ_Frank wrote:

There is absolutely no charge for changing the number of rings on your voicemail service.

Setting Your Home Voice Mail Ring Count Note This service is available where facilities permit for a small additional monthly fee for Basic, Standard and Deluxe. It is included at no additional charge with OnePoint Voice Mail.

It's only "Free" if you have OnePoint Voice Mail.  I pay $1 a month to use 58# and changes my number of rings.   My total monthly Bill is $77.55 and I am getting tired of it... I am seriously thinking of getting Comcast, they have alot more features and cost ALOT less.

0 Likes
Drewby

@phinney5350 wrote:

This is no charge to change your ring count. Simply access you voicemail & go to advanced options. There you can set ring counts FREE. Whoever told you it costs is wrong, unless you want Verizon to do it, then there's a charge.Try this link

http://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/Phone/Calling+Features/Home+Voice+Mail/Questions+and+Answer...

I suggest you read that link, word for word. Smiley Indifferent

0 Likes
phinney5350
Contributor - Level 1

I did read it, but it seems you might not of understood.If you dial into your voicemail..it's free...period If you use the 58#, then their is a charge. 58# is a class feature for those who don't want to dial in,,.therefore the charge. 🙂 I's just what I said before. Using 58# is asking is like asking Verizon to do it & it will cost you.

0 Likes
derf

Well after calling Verizon nine times in the past two weeks to change the ring amounts, I have given up. They have NOT given me the ability to change the ring amounts. I have wasted a lot of time on the phone trying to get this done. When I first called I was told I would be charged 1.00 per month I told them to just cancel the voice mail. Which was never done. So I gave up and told them today  to cancel the voice mail. We will see if they can do that.  If I had another choice for telephone service I would be switching.  

0 Likes
SoBoresident

I have been trying to change my ring count as well. I had switched it to 9 a few years ago, but now want to change it back to 4. I don't get the double beep when you dial 58#. It automatically goes to a phone error ring. There are no options to change ring count anymore in voice mail advanced options. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
u000gbk

what you said is absolutely correct ... I have tried the same sequence over and over and received the same error "if you would like to make a call, please hand up and dial again"  the squence that used to work no longer does and there appears to be no way to change the 4 ring default limit via any menu items or prompts.  What the heck is such a big deal abount changing how many rings are allowed on your phone before going to voice mail ????

0 Likes