Re: How can I block phone calls from a specific number?
crw4

how can i block phone numbers

0 Likes
Spunky5

How can I block calls from an identified phone number?

0 Likes
susrev
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have FiOS Digital Voice?  You can activate Incoming Call Block via your FDV Account Manager to block up to 10 phone numbers.  You can also use Anonymous Call Rejection for calls from people who have blocked their Caller ID.  There is no charge for these features.  Go to verizon.com/fiosvoice, log in with your My Verizon user name and passcode, and choose Calling Features to enable either or both features.   If you're not FiOS Digital Voice, those features may be available for a charge depending on where you live.

0 Likes
WILPINCA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, blocking 10 numbers..  Sorry, thats just not enough.  Im on a list somewhere and as a result get sales calls from about 20 different numbers.  I love the call blocking My Verizon, but 10 numbers is not nearly enough.  Is there any way to block more?

0 Likes
mrtg119

I am receiving five to ten harassing phone calls from a specific number. How can I block it?

0 Likes
MicheleToo

I have Fios Digital Voice and have listed four numbers in the block incoming calls feature.  All four numbers still get through.  Does the service actually work?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Yes it does, but with exceptions. Calls made to you from outside your local calling area, through operator assistance, or from cell phones and some business phones cannot be blocked.
0 Likes
rewhitm

I agree,  not having this basic service in Maryland is enough justification for me to switch from Verizon FIOS when my contract expires this June to another provider like COMCAST....Call blocking and Anonymous Rejection are both basic services with Infinity (Comcast) in the state of Maryland.  I guess what Comcast states in their commercials is actually true regarding their value over Verizon.  The other false impression Verizon portrays in their commercials is that somehow the quality of the television picture is better with FIOS, than standard cable.  No difference in picture whatsoever on my 73" 1080P BIG SCREEN monitor between my original COX TV (same setup as COMCAST) and FIOS.  If Verizon really wants to stay viable in ALL states, they need to offer the same services in ALL states.  I had the Calling Block feature when in VA, but have been very disappointed with Verizon since I moved to MD...DO NOT BE MISLED INTO BELIEVING FIOS IS SOMEHOW BETTER, the last time I checked the line coming into my house from the Verizon setup outside is a COAX, and not Fiber Optic. 

0 Likes
lnyoung

how do i get call blocking on my land  line

0 Likes
MLJ3

Why even bother with Verizon.  You can pay them $4.00 a month to block calls, but they must be from your local area or your region.  In addition, they can't block calls from a busines and other organization.  The calls I get constantly day and night are from neither my area, nor my region.  They are business, and scam people trying to sell something, and use 800, 888, numbers, all the rest are of the calls are from out of state.  So, why would I pay Verizon an extra $4.00 a month for something that is useless to me.  Forget about the Do Not Call list. It's useless too. Verizon neeeds to wake up to what is needed by people who are disturbed from early morning until late at night, with unwanted calls.  Personally, I work the night shift, and need to sleep in the day. Needless, to say, it's impossible with the rotation system that is being used by these callers.  Sure, I could turn off the phone, but I have children and aging parents who might need to contact me in an emergency.  Wait, isn't that the reason that I have, and pay for the phone?

Wake up Verizon , it's time to protect your customers, otherwise they won't be customers for much longer.

0 Likes