Re: Logging into Digital Voice Account Manager Page
sueth

I've already activated it...I've given all of the information asked of me...I've done this multiple times and I've waited 4 weeks longer than the recommended 48 hours.  Thanks anyway

0 Likes
aseatanner

Hey, guys!  Time to wake up this thread again.  I have been having this problem for about 6 weeks, and I get absolutely no help from Verizon.  It was working fine for me until one day--it stopped.  I go to this signin page:

https://www36.verizon.com/fiosvoice/signin.aspx?goto=http://www36.verizon.com:80/FiOSVoice/login/Log...

and when I try to sign in, just as I always have successfully done, it gives me this message:

Sign In
Please use your Verizon Online Username and Password Hint
We are sorry but your User ID does not currently have access to the FiOS Digital Voice Manager.In order to gain access, please sign in at www.verizon.com/myverizon and follow the steps to upgrade your account to Full Access.

The funny thing is that no Verizon rep seems to know what "Full Access:" is!!
I'm not really a fan of Verizon support anyway, but it is ridiculuous for them not to be able to fix this problem, which they obviously caused sometime about 6 weeks ago. 

0 Likes
aseatanner

EUREKA!   I guess it just took a message in this forum to make the light come on for me.  I finally figured out what Verizon did 6 weeks ago that caused me to be unable to access the FIOS digital voice manager:   (Drum roll please......)

THEY CHANGED THE ID AND PASSWORD THAT I LOGIN WITH ! ! !

Like many Verizon customers, I have been using their services for a long time.  And during that time, they have changed their methods of customer support many times.  When I first started using Verizon, I signed up for an account which would give me access to my billing information, and from which I could pay the bill, if I wished.  But now I hardly ever use this ID/password pair, because I have another ID/password pair for my internet services, including email.  And in fact, I have several subaccounts, and they come with their own ID/password pairs.  And this is the sequence of events that led to these postings:

When I began using the FIOS digital voice manager, I used the ID/password pair of my primary email account.  This worked fine.  The subaccount ID/password pairs did not.  Sometime between 24 June 2013 and 1 July 2013, Verizon must have changed the way I access the digital voice manager, because I found out just today, when out of desperation I tried the ID/password pair for my BILLING INFORMATION login, that they worked!  It certainly would have saved me much consternation and MANY service calls and chats with Verizon personnel if they had notified me that they were doing this. 

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@aseatanner wrote:

... THEY CHANGED THE ID AND PASSWORD THAT I LOGIN WITH ! ! !

... I signed up for an account which would give me access to my billing information, ... Ihardly ever use this ID/password pair, because I have another ID/password pair for my internet services, including email ...

When I began using the FIOS digital voice manager, I used the ID/password pair of my primary email account.  This worked fine.  The subaccount ID/password pairs did not ... I tried the ID/password pair for my BILLING INFORMATION login, that they worked ...

I am trying to understand what you describe, but I'm not yet there.  With FiOS you have a primary email address (and related username and changeable password) that allows access to email, billing, phone logs, and all related services.  The account username and primary email address are permanent for the life of the account.

You can also establish a limited number of sub-accounts with separate changeable usernames, changeable passwords and desired levels of privileges.  In addition you can establish a username and password for the forums (Community).

Verizon does not change any of these values.  Users can change the items I designated above, within certain limits, but Verizon does not change these values or related privileges.

0 Likes
actor39

OK.  I have IDs and passwords.  Verizon did not alter them.  However, I used to use one set of ID and password, and without warning, they no longer worked.  But in my attempt to find out what had happened, I managed to use a DIFFERENT set of ID and password which did work.    The first pair were associated with my email account, and the second pair were associated with a Verizon administrative account which has nothing to do with my email.  

But since I wrote this, things have changed again.  Now my administrative account pair no longer works.  In fact, I cannot use the administrative account pair for anything I am aware of.  It's as if that pair has completely disappeared from Verizon's databases.  I was on the phone for a long time tonight with a very nice Verizon rep, but he is as puzzled as I am.  Now I get a different message, however, when I try to access the digital voice manager:

Effective immediately please use your main FiOS Digital Voice account ID to log in and manage your FiOS Digital Voice services including any additional lines. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

SoI use what the Verizon rep says is my "main FIOS Digital Voice account ID", and it with its password can access my email, but not the DVM. 

From the looks of this thread, Verizon has really screwed up this nice feature of its service, and it is a shame that no one at Verizon can figure out how to fix it.  Either it's beyond their ability to fix, or it has no priority.  Do subscribers have any recourse at all for a feature that not only is highly advertised, but promised to their customers?

0 Likes
oats1

Same problem!!! I was put on hold yesterday 4 times for at least 2 1/2 hours. I gave up. They sent me a new set top box which I installed, and I ended up more issues. That was the reason that I was calling them. I have not called today, since my time is too valuable to to waste on hold.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes