Long Distance Dials out, but always busy.
THibs

I can make local calls, but I need to make long distance calls to reach my work and family. The numbers dial, but I am always met with a busy signal. I can only make local calls. My plan includes local and long distance. I have checked using other phones, but the problem persists.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Long Distance Dials out, but always busy.
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Assuming your dialing everything correctly (Dial 1+Area+local number) You will need to call Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON. There is nothing you can do to personally fix this. It is a network issue. In the meantime, you may be able to get through by contacting your Long Distance Operator (dial 00). While Verizon normally charges for operator assiatance, the charge is waived if you are calling due to network difficulty. Tell the operator you are unable to dial direct due to a network problem and ask her (or him) to dial the number for you.

Just a tip, if the "busy tone" you hear is a "fast busy signal" where the tone plays faster than a standard busy signal, it is called a "Reorder tone" using this term will help the repair operator accurately understand the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Long Distance Dials out, but always busy.
FURMA012VZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Assuming your dialing everything correctly (Dial 1+Area+local number) You will need to call Verizon Repair at 1-800-VERIZON. There is nothing you can do to personally fix this. It is a network issue. In the meantime, you may be able to get through by contacting your Long Distance Operator (dial 00). While Verizon normally charges for operator assiatance, the charge is waived if you are calling due to network difficulty. Tell the operator you are unable to dial direct due to a network problem and ask her (or him) to dial the number for you.

Just a tip, if the "busy tone" you hear is a "fast busy signal" where the tone plays faster than a standard busy signal, it is called a "Reorder tone" using this term will help the repair operator accurately understand the issue.

0 Likes