New Service Fault.
LinkinPark

Hello, last month I ordered Verizon Phone Service and and Internet. I received an email last night saying my Internet was ready for use, all I had to wait on was the modem. Well, the modem came today, and I hooked it up. To make a long story short, suddenly I can't receive calls but I can make them. On top of that the modem won't pickup a connection. Thanks.

By the way the services are...

Internet: OLO BQT 1M or 768K Double FE Bundle Up to 1 Mbps/384 Kbps

Phone: Verizon Double Freedom

0 Likes
Re: New Service Fault.
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did your phone service work properly before you hooked up your DSL?

Are all the filters on all your jacks in the home for the dsl service?

Even wall mounted ones?

When someone tries to call you, what kinda of tone do they get? (busy signal, consistent ringing?)

Have you also tried speaking with tech support? (800-567-6789)

Tell me a little more about whats going on and i'll try to help out more.

^_^

-K

0 Likes
LinkinPark

Did your phone service work properly before you hooked up your DSL?

• Yes

Are all the filters on all your jacks in the home for the dsl service?

• I checked everything, only thing that I couldn't get it the Securty System because it's rj45 🙂

Even wall mounted ones?

• Yes

When someone tries to call you, what kinda of tone do they get? (busy signal, consistent ringing?)

• Consistent ringing, then Voicemail

Have you also tried speaking with tech support? (800-567-6789)

• All I got was a robot, I'll try again
0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

hrm....

consistent ringing then to voicemail means thats its running out thru to the box. ( or atleast the central office)

when you take ur modem off your lines , what happens then?

if it still doesnt work, i'd say to contact repair (800-483-1000) do a line test.

if it does make it work, contact tech support 800-567-6789

sounds to me like theres something wrong with the line share.  (40% analog/ 60% digital)

causing the interference.

Can you please let me know what happens? - this isnt something i've seen before. ^_^
-K

0 Likes
LinkinPark

Well from what I can tell...

-Disconnecting the modem didn't resolve the receiving call issue

-Adding a filter to my Dish Network Receiver causes me to lose dial tone

-Disconnecting all phone devices doesn't resolver anything either

Next up, calling Verizon!

UPDATE: I called Verizon, they told me to check the box outside, so I did. I hooked up my phone to the jack with the wires going to it, then called to my house via cellphone, still no ringing :[.

0 Likes
MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

yeah call repair (800-483-1000)

sounds like an outside line issue.

=( sorry ab the inconvenience .

can you still keep me updated? Thanks a bunch!

-K

0 Likes
LinkinPark

Yeah I did, they'll be out the 24th. Sadly enough I have to go that long without fully active phone service, all over a bad installation. Hopefully this gets straightened out before then.

0 Likes
LinkinPark

Ugh, well now I lost even the dial tone! The NID doesn't have dial tone either. I called them back and they said they ran a "test" and everything checks out fine, but I want to say otherwise. I used 3 different phones, and two different RJ11 cables. WTH Verizon! What do they tests test???

0 Likes
LinkinPark

Well I called once again and now things are looking up! They are sending someone out and it looks like they didn't fix something dealing with the previous ISP. I keep in touch on the issue. Cheers.

0 Likes
LinkinPark

I decided to poke around with my voltage meter inside the NID, It doesn't appear to have any voltage running to it. That can't be a good sign.

0 Likes