No dialtone but a buzzing sound on the phone but dsl works. Can't call and receive phone calls.
lot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have NO dialtone but instead a buzzing sound the whole day today, i can't make a call and receive one. It's hard because can't call th phone company 'coz i don't have a cellphone. We really need the phone fix but don't know how.

Re: No dialtone but a buzzing sound on the phone but dsl works. Can't call and receive phone calls.
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried going to the Contact Us page and using the live chat feature to see if they can report the problem for you?

0 Likes
Re: No dialtone but a buzzing sound on the phone but dsl works. Can't call and receive phone calls.
lot
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that but verzion live chat is not available.

0 Likes
LInthorn

Where are you located?  I had the same problem one day after a particularly heavy rain (about 2 weeks ago).  Resolved itself after a day (without rain).  Maybe connected, maybe not.

0 Likes
lot
Enthusiast - Level 2

We called verizon yesterday, they said it's there line...they will fix it monday-tomorrow hopefully 'coz it's hard not having a working phone. Thank you for your replies.

0 Likes
CWA-Chief

The problem with your phone did not go away it just dried up and will come back, probably worse next time.  That's how Verizon fixes things these days, they hope they go away.  If they put the customer off long enough either the problem will "dry up" and go away or the customer will give up and either live with the problem or switch service providers.

0 Likes
trish13011
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im also having the same problem. A tech was supposed to come out the 18 and one was suppose to come out today. Neither time have they showed up. I also dont have a cell so I can call them. The live chat never works because its always down. I will be ending my services and reporting them to the BBB. HOw hard is it for a **bleep** tech to show up?

dpan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same problem going on over a month now, and of course Verizon chooses to run its line test when the weather is clear and dry so of course there's no problem.  I call back when the line is out during the rain and they always say a tech will come out, of course when the weather is nice again.  This isn't rocket science, they should know by now this is a common problem and have a fix for it.

MisplaceDreamer
Enthusiast - Level 3

if you continously have problems with a technician coming out and they do not fix the line, request to speak with the Local Area Manager. That's going to be the head guy in your area who has the most power out there.

But Repair is 24/7 800-483-1000 (or just call the 800-VERIZON # and it can direct you to them too)

They should be able to have it taken care of, but just in case (as others posted seem to have problems with as well), you can request to speak with them. Any rep can help you get in contact with them. Call into a customer care center and they can help further advise you. Hope this helps!

-K

0 Likes
elska11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem! when it rains it seems to short out the phone line so I don't have a dial tone and when people try to call they get a busy signal, after two or three days of dry weather the problem goes away and I get a dialtone.

The Network Interface Device outside has no dialtone also so it's a Verizon Line issue.....

For some reason the DSL works fine so my guess is the water shorts out only part of the voltage and the other part works enough for DSL to function. I've read stories online of DSL working with only one of the copper wires connected! amazing..

Someone online suggested opening the NID and crossing the two wires to reset the electric flowing to the phone but I don't want to open the Verizon part of the box as it needs a special tool and all....

A Verizon Tech came out and tested the signal at the phone pole several weeks ago and said it was a line voltage issue and it was fixed for awhile but it's back again, probably a nick in a wire someplace down the street it's hard to tell really just want it fixed...

Seems to me Verizon should prorate the phone bill to compensate for the days service is not working, is that possible????