No messages, but when I pick up the phone the dial tone prompts as if there is one.
mgsee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received a message last week, listened to it, and deleted it, yet when I pick up the phone I'm still hear the dial tone that lets you know there is a message. I've deleted messages off my tv, off my online account and on my phone, but it's still occurring, so I have to keep checking if there is a message and this is getting annoying.

Any suggestions? I don't want to call Verizon because, as I mentioned earlier, Verizon will keep calling back. Despite the fact that the complaint is about too many calls. 

0 Likes
Re: No messages, but when I pick up the phone the dial tone prompts as if there is one.
PJL
Master - Level 3

@mgsee wrote:

I received a message last week, listened to it, and deleted it, yet when I pick up the phone I'm still hear the dial tone that lets you know there is a message. I've deleted messages off my tv, off my online account and on my phone, but it's still occurring, so I have to keep checking if there is a message and this is getting annoying.

Any suggestions? I don't want to call Verizon because, as I mentioned earlier, Verizon will keep calling back. Despite the fact that the complaint is about too many calls. 

Are you on Digital Voice or the old landline service?  If on Digital Voice, have you tried using MyVerizon to access your phone voicemail list to see if it's really empty there?  I had this issue once in the beginning when I got Digital Voice and that's how I got rid of the "stutter dial tone."
Re: No messages, but when I pick up the phone the dial tone prompts as if there is one.
mgsee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding, PJL. I have a landline and I cleared off voice mail on my phone and messages from verizon in my account online as well as on my tv, and still get the "stutter dial tone." 

Part of me wishes I never left Time Warner Cable. Verizon is an absolute pain in the tail.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@mgsee wrote:

Thanks for responding, PJL. I have a landline and I cleared off voice mail on my phone and messages from verizon in my account online as well as on my tv, and still get the "stutter dial tone." 

Part of me wishes I never left Time Warner Cable. Verizon is an absolute pain in the tail.

Suggest you contact Verizon on this problem  I recommend chat over other methods.

mgsee
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I don't know why, but I haven't come across a chat option for phone services. I'll take another look around because once you call Verizon, they don't stop calling back.

0 Likes