Re: Phone rings every couple of hours no one there
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, but there is a Verizon escalation team now working on it.  You have confirmed my suspicion that this is a localized problem in Bowie and that Verizon should immediately try to determine what all of our homes have in common.  That should then make it much easier to determine the source of the problem.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Please send me a message so I can continue gathering information for investigation.

I appreciate everyone's response.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Everyone,

I just want to thank those of you who have provided me with their information as we continue to investigate these issues. I really appreciate your patience. We will continue to investigate and update you as more informaiton is available.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

While I know this could be anywhere, often times when I received this issue it was due to certain phones or devices in the house that were connected to the line not disconnecting the call properly, or someone would play with the line and make it switch to another call circuit. Shorts can cause this to happen, but also poorly made telephony devices too. A satellite receiver in my home, for example before I disconnected it from the line for good would cause our phone lines to ring to a dead signal whenever it finished a call some days. The other times when it's fault of someone in my home, it's because they press talk a second time and then hang up, which causes Verizon to ring the phone saying there's still a call active or they put the handset down improperly which "soft disconnects" an active call, causing the phones to once again, ring.

Shorts can and will cause this issue too, so definitely see if you can rule the problem down to corroded or dirty jacks, and also rule it down to specific copper runs in the house if you're willing to start disconnecting pairs.

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Smith6612,

Thank you for your post.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Good Morning!

I appreciate everyone's assistance and patience with this matter. I am following up to see if anyone is still having any issues with the phone rings? Please let me know.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

0 Likes
rlsh1063
I'm having the same problem with the short ring every couple hours all day and night with no one there on the call. What do I do? Did you ever fix it?
0 Likes
sharon0315

My new Panasonic landline phone has been ringing once every hour or so with no one there.  This happens in the middle of the night too.  Any ideas how to fix this problem?  It is plugged into the wall where the computer is pluged in...never had this problem with the old phone???

0 Likes