Please Allow Unlimited Incoming Call Blocking
FrustratedUser31
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the staggering number of spam and spoofing calls, limiting incoming call block to 100 is completely insufficient.  It should be unlimited.  Minimally call block should be listed chronologically, not numerically, so if needbe the oldest can be removed first.  This is a huge issue for many subscribers - nearing the point for us that we may select to change providers.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Need more than 100 block calls
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FrustratedUser3 wrote:

You're right, but using NomoRobo and HiYa apps on my cell phone allow me to block new spam calls easily and in unlimited number.  I now receive less one new spam call a day on my cell phone when I used to get as many as 15-20/day.  So having unlimited blocking certainly helps.

And of course Nomorobo is available for FIOS digital voice, or any landline service that allows simultaneous ring.  Its free for residential landlines or a fee for Cell phones.  I have used it for years first on Verizon Fios and now Frontier (since Florida was sold to them.)  Using it on my Verizon Cell phone since it became available last year.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Need more than 100 block calls
eddiefitz51
Enthusiast - Level 2

100 blocked calls isn't enough nowadays.  Everday I get unwanted scammers and now that I've reached 100 blocked calls I have to unblock some to be able to block recent ones.  For the amount of money I pay every month for FIOS, I expect you to increase the number soon. 

Also, you need to include a filter for viewing just blocked numbers so that we can delete the old blocked ones.

Thanks!

Re: Please Allow Unlimited Incoming Call Blocking
eddiefitz51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, for the huge amount of money I pay each month to FIOS I demand they increase the number to 1000 or unlimited.   Got a scam call today from someone who used a relatives name to try to get me to call an "urgent" request.  I usually don't answer these calls and I block them right away.  Today I exceeded 100 and there is no easy way to unblock old blocked numbers due to the lack of a filter for this.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ultimately unlimited call blocking will not help. These spammers and telemarketers are able to change the way a number is viewed. So say if you block 555-555-1234 they can just add or delete a number or make a special character to fool the caller id. They have endless possibilities unfortunately call blocking will never be a solution. 

FrustratedUser31
Enthusiast - Level 2

You're right, but using NomoRobo and HiYa apps on my cell phone allow me to block new spam calls easily and in unlimited number.  I now receive less one new spam call a day on my cell phone when I used to get as many as 15-20/day.  So having unlimited blocking certainly helps.

tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@FrustratedUser3 wrote:

And of course Nomorobo is available for FIOS digital voice, or any landline service that allows simultaneous ring.  Its free for residential landlines or a fee for Cell phones.  I have used it for years first on Verizon Fios and now Frontier (since Florida was sold to them.)  Using it on my Verizon Cell phone since it became available last year.

0 Likes