Trying to view/modify phone service/plans online
hithere7

For the past few months, I had tried to use the website to attempt to view and possibly change service plans via My Verizon. Every attempt asks me to allow the website to access my information, and granting it permission reponds with a message to wait while my information is being retrieved. Every attempt ultimately ends with:  

"We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later."

I work odd hours, so contacting my local office as the website suggests is not very convenient, especially as the only goal of the representatives seem to be selling me FiOS or other services in which I have no interest in, rather than dealing with my initial problem.

I am using a supported browser.

I have attempted to access this service since October with no success.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to view/modify phone service/plans online
JaneHugh

I have had this same problem for months ...... have spent several hours trying to get it fixed and they cannot fix it and now they cannot even access my account ...... It is pretty sad with I am told to try back in a few days for them to try and access my account ..... support has been bad .... waiting for my 2 year contract at the end of this month and if they cannot fix it then I am switiching to Cox ..... good luck trying to get help/

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@hithere wrote:

For the past few months, I had tried to use the website to attempt to view and possibly change service plans via My Verizon. Every attempt asks me to allow the website to access my information, and granting it permission reponds with a message to wait while my information is being retrieved. Every attempt ultimately ends with:  

"We're sorry.
We are experiencing a temporary problem and can't continue your order at this time.

Please try again later."

I work odd hours, so contacting my local office as the website suggests is not very convenient, especially as the only goal of the representatives seem to be selling me FiOS or other services in which I have no interest in, rather than dealing with my initial problem.

I am using a supported browser.

I have attempted to access this service since October with no success.

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@JaneHugh wrote:

I have had this same problem for months ...... have spent several hours trying to get it fixed and they cannot fix it and now they cannot even access my account ...... It is pretty sad with I am told to try back in a few days for them to try and access my account ..... support has been bad .... waiting for my 2 year contract at the end of this month and if they cannot fix it then I am switiching to Cox ..... good luck trying to get help/

0 Likes
Rob441

I too have tried to change my service online, as the "hold" message on your switchboard suggests.  Very confusing website - looks like you are trying to be MSN which is frustrating if you are just trying to transact phone service.  Finally logged into my plan, and there are options to upgrade plan, but no option to down-grade the plan.  Did online chat with your service rep, who after serveral back and forths said the plan could not be down-graded online.  So I have several questions:

1. The website to which you direct callers who want to change their service - the only change possible is to increase the service???   ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

2. How long should  a customer (that's right, you're not a monopoly anymore, and I  am a customer) expect to wait on hold to talk to someone?  I waited 10 minutes this morning, and tried again tonight when there might be less call volume.  26 minutes on hold before I gave up.  HOW LONG DO YOU EXPECT CUSTOMERS TO HAVE TO WAIT ON HOLD??

3. When is the effective date if one wishes to down-grade their  plan?  Is it the day  the customer starts trying to get throught to Verizon, or is it the date one finally gets through, or does the plan just go on and on if it continues to be impossible to get through to Verizon?

4. How do you possibly expect to compete in 2012 with this kind of lousy service?? 

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you  and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you. 

0 Likes
grannyjojo54

wheni make long distance it tells me i need an access code what is that and where do  i get it

0 Likes
marc35655
Contributor - Level 1

@grannyjojo54 wrote:

wheni make long distance it tells me i need an access code what is that and where do  i get it

It is possible you don't have a setup for how long distance calls would be handled. You likely need to work with Customer Support to fix that.

For Chat .. look to the top of this window for the RED MENU. Click on SUPPORT >CONTACT US.

Then click on PHONE>

then click on DIGITAL VOICE

then MAKING & Receiving CALLS.

You should then see a link to start a chat with support.

If you have trouble with any of that call. 

1-800-VERIZON

0 Likes