Why does dropping FIOS phone service end in collection calls?
J4tify
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had phone+internet+tv with fios.  I then dropped the phone service in favor of a free voip solution.  Instead of simply changing my account to reflect this, they created a new account, without my knowledge.  So now I have one closed account with a final balance and one new account with current charges.

However, both are sending bills with no explanation that I now have 2 accounts.  So I pay my bills online as always, but my online account is only attached to the new tv/internet account.

So now I have a new account with a huge credit and an old account with a balance.

And I only found all of this out after being bounced around on the phone for 50 mins with Verizon.  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot???

And of corse they were unable to just apply the credit from one account to the balance of another even though both accounts are in my name and have the same address.  That would make too much sense.

All of this could have been avoided if I was simply TOLD that by removing telephone service that I would have to cancel my current account and open another. 

Instead I have to find out I have a balance when I start getting collection calls.  Well played, Verizon.

Re: Why does dropping FIOS phone service end in collection calls?
Arthurlw
Contributor - Level 1

Welcome to the club.  I once changed the rings-before-going-to-voicemail on my phone and I had to call tech support to get someone to walk me through setting up a new user name for my online account.  Smiley Very Happy

OK, so I engaged in a bit of hyperbole.  Smiley Wink 

But not much. I promise. 

0 Likes