lifeline
Joseg413

i want to know how can i apply for lifeline 

0 Likes
Re: lifeline
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jose,

If you go to www.verizon.com/lifeline and click on your state, the application will pop up, you fill it out and print it to mail it in

Super easy 🙂

~Jess

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

First, you must have landline phone number,  then download the applaction form , fax or mail it to Verizon. it is discount for LANDLINE PHONE ONLY.  but if you have the pkg plan or FiOs triple plan . I do not know how to do it, call C/S ,  before to take action.

0 Likes
Haditwvz

Filling out application is a piece of cake.  My mom had lifeline for two years and had no problem with the application approval.  This year, Verizon kept rejecting the aplications claiming that she was not approve because they couldn't verify the date of birth and social security number.  She had to re-do the application and sent in copy of social security card which people said you're not suppose to disclose it.  Even doctor's office are not collecting social security number.  My mom sent in copy of her medicaid card which has her date of birth on it.  It is also a government card and prove that  she qualifies for lifeline.  Verizon still rejected the application.  It has been a three months battle and each time it took them 6 to 8 weeks to process the new application.  She had to pay full price in the mean time.  This month, they are still saying the same thing: need prove of birth with birth certificate.  My mom was born outside of the U.S.  They did not have birth certificate back then.  Why did the medicaid card worked before for the DOB before and not now? She has had it with Verizon and is going to cancel the service.  

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Haditwvz,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

I have 4 lifeline recertifations, I just fax the MEDICARE card on Jan , in  end of Feb,  all of  the (4) recertifaction were reject, I call Verison, they need more ID,   so I fax the Passport, S.S. Card and NY state ID on March, all of  recertifiction still pending, I was told, you must  mark down   (FOR TPIV) on the copy of ID page,,

0 Likes
manhattanNYC1
Contributor - Level 2

1 applaction was approved, 3 still pending, it was was took about 3 months battle. keep on waiting.

0 Likes