Re: on-screen caller id stopped working
mtempo
Enthusiast - Level 1

caller id was working and now it is not.  what do i do to fix this problem

0 Likes
joehockey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Does anyone from Verizon actually monitor these threads?  What's this been running for at least a year and still no solution?  Hey Verizon if you're listening YOUR FIOS ON-SCREEN CALLER ID IS NOT WORKING AND HASN'T BEEN FOR QUITE SOME TIME!!!  FEEL FREE TO FIX THE PROBLEM AT SOME POINT IF YOU'RE NOT TOO BUSY.

There, I feel much better.  Of course my caller id still doesn't work... Smiley Mad

prosenf

I called in to customer service and the tech fixed my caller ID in about 5 minutes.  Don't remember his name.  I had called previously late in the day and the 2 guys trying to help me ended up sending me a new router, which didn't help.  But they did mention that the real experts in this area worked on the East coast, so it pays to call early in the day, which is what I did to get it finally fixed.

0 Likes
Roncgs

I have the same problem. Caller ID on TV stopped workling? My phone number  is {edited for privacy}

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@joehockey wrote:

Does anyone from Verizon actually monitor these threads?  What's this been running for at least a year and still no solution?  Hey Verizon if you're listening YOUR FIOS ON-SCREEN CALLER ID IS NOT WORKING AND HASN'T BEEN FOR QUITE SOME TIME!!!  FEEL FREE TO FIX THE PROBLEM AT SOME POINT IF YOU'RE NOT TOO BUSY.

There, I feel much better.  Of course my caller id still doesn't work... Smiley Mad

This is a user to user forum.  No one from verizon officially monitors it all the time.  The verizon admins do look from time to time.

But unless you are reporting that you have contacted verizon several times, the first thing they will tell you is to look at the

"contactus" that is on many of the verizon pages.  Contact us does usually include a Livechat option and of course the phone number.

As far as the problem of callid on screen not working.  It usually works most of the time once setup.  But anything that disrupts the STB/DVR access to the internet causes it to fail   The technique they use is not having your local box detect the phone call as most callerid boxes do.  Instead info is sent from a server in the backend to your stb via the internet.

0 Likes
joehockey
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called so many times and did the reset the stb dance so many times I gave up.

tootsie6

on screen caller id stop working

0 Likes
Rob181

I had the same problem following an extended power outage after Hurricane Irene. Because the power was out for a long time it caused my router to be reset (IP address changed). That essentially disrupted the caller ID from working properly. I called Tech Support and they remapped everything to the new settings. Each STB which is enabled for caller ID has to be done individually so it took a few minutes but everything worked fine after that.

Rob18

0 Likes
SeniorGhost
Enthusiast - Level 3

Re: lost caller ID

I believe I have resolved the "No Caller ID" problem.

Even though the Settings show Caller ID to be turned on on my TV it did not show. I tried several things that didn't help but this last thing did return the Caller ID notification to my TV.

I went to settings and TURNED OFF the caller ID. Left it off over night. Then this morning I went back to settings and turned it ON again. Later in the day when I got a call it did show the caller ID. So, I believe the last effort caused it to work

Looks like a case of program "flags" getting out of step with other parts of the program. I've seen this happen in other places and the same "fix" worked.

0 Likes