Home Fusion data useage:
Dean5552

Having troube with my home fusion device using way to much data.  I am wondering if this router can be hacked into easily and that is how my data is getting used.  I am having the same problems with countless others on abnormal amounts of data is being used.  Please send any suggestions besides the usual, your devices are using up the data.  I don't stream, game or watch many you tube videos at all.  My plan just started over and in one day used 3.75 gigs of data.  This past month, useage was crazy and I blamed my family.  With what happened after one day I know it is not them using the data.  Help, help, help.  I love the fact that I can get high speed in an area I can't connect to a dsl or cable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
23 Replies
kmorrishtr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same problem. Never got a satisfactory answer. Then the piece of junk just stopped workung and they want me to pay 150$ to get it fixed. I'm just eatin it now. Turned it off completely and paying the monthly cost till my contract is up so I can say bye bye to Verizon.

0 Likes
Linlu1945
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm back.....now have eliminated Home Fusion, paid the early disconnect fee of $150, and hopefully have cancelled out the 30 gb plan (even though it still shows on my account as having zero useage this month).  Now why would I want 30 gbs if I cancelled out?  Changed to Dishnet and have 50 gbs/ 50 gbs total of 100 gbs (night time free) plus basic DishTV much cheaper than Home Fusion plan 20 gbs without tv.

Our first month and a half we have only used about 2 gbs a month.....that's right, no ghosts, hackers, or whatever was going on with Verizon.  Have continued use as always before.  Now wonder why I was paying for 20 gbs for so long, or even 10 gbs.  There is no way we ever used over 30 gbs in 2 1/2 weeks.  Granted my internet speed is slower than Verizon, but I can upgrade to something faster for a little more money which I will check into.  Sure there will be some minor problems with the Dish but nothing like that experienced with Verizon's Home Fusion.

As some have suggested, I may have been hacked and that was a huge concern of mine.  But now things seem to be back to normal on my end.  I haven't changed, cleansed or done anything to the hard drive. Verizon has a BIG problem and they need to accept responsibility or get out of the high speed home fusion business, until such time they can service it.

One thing I learned when I went to disconnect, was told no need to return the cantenna or wifi as it became our property after six months of subscribing.  Did that mean, we were on our own, if the equipment went bad?  Several have posted they had to replace the cantenna as it was the culprit for the high use.  Quite frankly I don't think anyone knows what is going on with this service!

Linda - Now happy in Missouri

Vfbaird
Enthusiast - Level 1

In 2013, we moved to Alabama and were talked into getting Home Fusion since Internet is basically DSL in our area. The data usage was through the roof with no streaming videos or downloading movies, etc. In one day, we used over 13 gb which was insane. Of course, customer service would tell us it's our fault then say they would investigate but never call back. After 3 months of this back and forth, we decided to use the hotspots on our Verizon phones instead and up our data plan which works just fine for what we need. We cut the Home Fusion box off.

We are now moving after having Home Fusion for over a year and paying for a product we are not using. Verizon will not waive the cancellation fee even though they can clearly see we don't even use the product. I have talked with 2 representatives and was told they would call back within 48 hours. That was last week...no call.

The customer service has been lacking and the agents are rude over the phone. I can't seem to get in touch with anyone that can actually make decisions that are reasonable and customer friendly. We have 4 phones and an iPad with Verizon and a long time customer. At this rate, our experience with Home Fusion has left a bad impression and reflects poorly on Verizon as a whole. The Home Fusion division of the company does not put the "customer first" which is a shame since we love the other services.

computer_tech_since_1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello All...Here is the solution to your phantom data usage - My solution will save all of you (if infected as described) from any future data overage charges and hopefully end your frustrations related to your devices phantom data usage.

I have been a software/hardware tech/consultant since 1982. I registered to join your forum just to solve this as there seems to be so many of you that are currently effected by this that it seems like the compassionate thing to do.

All of you have had you device "hijacked" and I will teach you how you can fix this yourself.

First, a little info about hijacking so that we are all kind of on the same page and understand the "what", "why", and "how" of hijacking. Hijacking your computer (roughly) means that a "thief" has paid a very skilled programmer (who lacks honor and good judgement) to write a software program that creates a "back door" entrance into your computer system for the "thief".

Why would the "thief" want a backdoor into your computer? It is almost always money related, but, I will tell you some prominent reasons: 1) The "thief" will take a copy of all of your contacts so that they can attempt to gain a backdoor into as many computers as possible globally; 2) One (of many) reasons a "thief" wants to create a backdoor to your computer is so that the "thief" can steal some of the internet bandwidth that you are paying for.

For example, let's say that one of the many torrent downloading sites was actually the "thief" who paid a programmer to create the backdoor software (for him/her) that has infected your computer. (Of course, we all know that the owners of torrent downloading sites don't believe in stealing!!). Do you remember (not from personal experience) in the old days of downloading how long it used to take to download a large program or movie? Why do you think downloading is so much faster now? Well, (in theory) if a new torrent download site wants to be successful they have to be competitive with the other download sites, but, their problem is that it takes a lot of internet bandwidth to send large files quickly and it is way too expensive for a start-up company to purchase $50,000 worth of servers and then also pay several thousands of dollars a month in internet bandwidth costs to an internet service provider (ISP).

Their solution to be known as one of the faster downloading sites (could be) to pay a programmer $1,000 to $2,000 to create the backdoor software for them which works kind of like this: Once it is installed onto your computer, your computers IP address is then added to the list of available IP addresses infected by their backdoor software. Whenever your computer is on and connected to the internet it is automatically used by their software to help them transport the various downloads that their torrent download site users have going on at that particular time (using your bandwidth that you are paying for).

Most people just pay for a certain internet speed (i.e. 25 Mb/sec) and are not limited to how much data the send through their ISP and so they never get an overage charge because their account is for unlimited data transfer (and is only limited by the speed that they are willing to pay for). But, anyone who has an account that is limited to let's say 20 gigabytes (GB) a month for data transfer through their ISP and is infected by the hijack software will get an overage charge if they go over the 20 GB a month.

It is so obvious to me that this is exactly what is happening to each of you because you all say pretty much the same thing about your usage like: (paraphrasing) Our computer habits have not changed at all and only my husband and I use the computer, but, (ever since the phantom data usage abruptly started) even in just one day our data usage now is more than what we used to use in a whole week.

This problem is so super widespread now because (for a cash poor start-up company) they can spend $2,000 (for a programmer) instead of $100,000 for servers and their first six months of many T1 pipes (internet bandwidth) to an ISP.

Lastly, I will tell you how you received the infected software and then how to remove it. Programmers are only limited by their imagination and skill level. In the computer world, your index finger wields a lot of power. Basically, any time you click the left button of your mouse with the mouse pointer on any clickable object it is as if you have verbally agreed to (and given your full permission) to do "whatever" the software programmer has designed his software to do when you click on that area. If all programmers were compassionate and caring people there would be no problems with this, but, since it is now completely accepted as an industry standard that your mouse click is equated to your full approval of "whatever" the programmer has designed the program to do because you clicked on that spot.

Here is the only for sure fix. ** Please take me very seriously when I tell you that you should only do this by yourself if you are super sure of how to find all of your data files (pictures, Word doc's, videos, contacts, itunes music, PDF files, downloads, emails, favorites... and that you know not only how to back them up to a DVD/flash drive/external drive and that you know how to restore them properly too!!  If you are not a real pro at doing this you will loose (forever) whatever you failed to properly backup (and I can promise you that you will probably forget something), so, I highly recommend that you get your most geeky friend to help you and that you provide the pizza and soda as this takes hours to do!!

Here are the steps to completely remove all unwanted software (by the way, some of the programmers out there have their hijack software install into more than fifty different locations within the systems registry file making it virtually impossible to find and remove all of the infected code manually (which I have done before)...the steps I will list below will for sure remove all unwanted code:

1) Find and backup all data files to DVD/Flash drive/external drive

2) Verify that you can access the backed up files (just view some of the files from you backup source)

3) Make sure that you have a good windows install disk and a serial# for the install

4) Make sure that you have an install disk for each program that you want on your computer

5) Download the latest drivers for your motherboard, video card, and printer from the manufacturer's website to CD/DVD

6) If you use a cloud service I would suggest also selecting every setting to backup your data files there as well

7) Go to your computer's bios settings (do a restart and when it wakes up press the "delete" or "esc" or "f1" key to get in

😎 Set under the "boot preference" sub-menu the DVD as the first boot device and your hard (or solid state) disk as #2

(if you have a solid state disk of at least 120 GB make that your second boot device in the bios (for now) and then

after all is done and the windows install disk is no longer needed it will boot to the solid state disk if you also have a     larger hard disk you can use that as your data storage drive, but, install windows on the faster solid state drive.

9) Take a big breath, did you backup every data file?? Okay, now format your boot drive (usually with fdisk).

10) After format is done, put in the windows DVD and reboot the computer (the Windows DVD will take over now).

11) When windows is done installing, get your downloaded drivers CD and install them into control panel/device manager

if they are just a driver file (if they have an install or setup file just run that file for their installation).

12) Install your other programs from their install CD/DVD

13) Install your ISP's internet stuff (router driver...from their install CD/DVD)

14) Restore all data files back onto your computer from your backup (or the cloud).

15) Take another breath re-boot and check for data file access and that your programs/internet function properly.

You are now done!! You have completely removed all hijack software during the formatting process. Your data usage will now for sure be only your usage and you will not have charges for over-usage any more! In the future, be very careful on what you click on. The imagination of the rouge programmers out there is pretty good and they will send you emails looking like they came from your bank, a collections company, your credit card company, Facebook...If it says click here to see the cutest little baby puppy - don't do it!! If you have a teenager using your computer you must tell them that they can not download anything!!! One of my son's downloaded a new virus about every four months (kid's just can't help themselves sometimes).

I hope this helps.

Kevin

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

TL;DR - Reformat your PC if you suspect foul play when investigating high internet usage.  Most PC repair shops can perform this service for you at a moderate price, local nerds would do it for cheap/pizza just to have the experience and recommendation.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your comments about using a (moderately priced) local computer repair shop to perform the reformatting of an infected hard drive (instead of my suggestion of having your most geeky friend help you). Yes, I do agree that any local computer repair shop can easily reformat a hard drive, but, from my experience I would like to "strongly caution" anyone that may consider any repair shop for this most important job to be super sure that not just any of their employees is allowed to perform that job and that only their most senior tech is allowed to do it and I will tell you why.

Over the last 33 years I have enjoyed keeping myself fairly up to date with most all aspects of computer related technology. As a consultant, I have personally built (and repaired) computers for over two thousand companies (the first computer that I built was in 1982 when you had to bend the DRAM chips to place them into sockets next to an 8088 or 8086 CPU). It was pretty cool (back then) to remove the 4.77 MHz (Megahertz not Gigahertz) clock crystal (which set the speed of the CPU) and replace it with a 6 MHz clock crystal (that is almost a 26% over-clocking of the CPU performed back in the early 80's for just $2). I am also a programmer, but, not a great programmer (any world class programmer would probably laugh at my code because they could probably write the same software program in half as many lines of code, but, my custom software always worked just fine).

Here are the reasons that I would suggest to use your most geeky friend instead of any repair shop (and I will also give to you my suggestions - for your consideration - on how to approach taking your computer to a repair shop for this job: First, since this is the industry that I am fairly involved with everyone that knows me (my friends/family) tells me what their experience was like (good or bad) if they had to take their computer in for repairs somewhere. This particular job (the reformatting of a hard drive) is probably one of the most critical jobs to find the right tech to perform...because of your data files.

I would have to say that (for a non-technical person) a computer repair shop is a great choice for most every "non-critical" type of repair/upgrade for your computer like the addition of more RAM memory, installing a faster video card, installing a blue-ray player...because if a mistake is made by a less knowledgeable repair technician (like not knowing how to make the RAM memory function as duel-channel) you just take your computer back and a more senior tech will just teach the other tech how to do it properly for the next time (and that is just fine).

But, this particular repair (reformatting the hard drive - basically completely erasing everything on it to remove the unwanted software) is a super critical job due to the value of your personal data files and the extreme care that must go into finding every one of the (sometimes precious) old family pictures, Word/Excel doc's, mp3 files, old love letters, wills, contracts, resumes, family genealogy work, all your contact files, all of your old emails, all of your downloads, your favorite web sites, your various passwords, serial numbers for your installed programs, your data files contained within the "Windows.Old" folder... Most non-senior level tech's will miss some of this stuff when they backup your old data files (my experience is that more than 75% of the time this particular job is performed (even by a senior-level tech) that they don't successfully find/restore everything that needs to be backed up and once they reformat your hard drive and re-install Windows it is lost forever!!

They are usually very busy and they have many other repair jobs to perform that day, so, they may not take the time to look deep into all of your sub-folders to make sure that they did indeed find all of your old data files. However, if you have a fairly knowledgeable friend (and pick a day that he/she has several hours free to help you) your chances of finding all of your old data files are much better because: 1) you are there and you may know where you have stored/moved/hidden some of your old data files, and  2) your friend will not be in a hurry to get to the next repair so he/she should have more time available to completely search all of your drives (and all of their partitions) for your data files.

The additional added safety/benefits that I see in using a talented/trusted friend (instead of a repair shop) are: 1) You know that it will be you and your friend (for sure) doing the work and if after working with your friend to find all of your old data files you don't feel 100% comfortable that his/her skill level was as good as you thought (and that maybe you want another of your other friends to take a second look just to make sure that he/she did in fact find all of your old data files) you simply tell your friend that you are sorry but you just remembered about an important Dr.'s appointment (or whatever) and that you must leave right away. That will give you the time to have your other friend come over to see if they can find any additional data files of yours that your other friend may have missed. If, however, you find that your friend does know his/her stuff and you feel good about the data files that have been backed up by the two of you...you then can decide to allow him/her to reformat you drive, install windows, install your various programs, and re-install all of your data files.

The benefits of having your friend work with you to do this job also include the fact that you will be learning how to perform your own backups/restores for the future and (most importantly) you will be there and in control of making the decision of when to reformat the hard drive (which you should only do after you have made sure that you feel very comfortable that you have searched well and have indeed found all of your data files) - in a repair shop you have no control over how well the tech searched for your data files (or the skill level of the tech who actually does your job) and once the tech starts the reformat process any data files that he/she did not find and backup are lost forever!! Some personal pictures, old love letters, research...are personally priceless to you and could be lost forever - so, please consider that potential loss very well whenever making this type of critical repair.

Again, John, thank you so much for your very valid suggestion regarding using a repair shop. If someone is having this problem (and needs to reformat their hard drive to for sure erase all incidences of their virus) "and" they are comfortable that they have either "no critical personal data files that they want backed up" or that they themselves can perform their own backup of just what they really want to keep - then I completely agree with you that any computer repair shop can perform this job.

I may seem over the top in my concern about the potential for loosing precious personal data files if this type of critical repair is performed at a repair shop by a less then savvy tech, but, I know how precious the only photo of a person's great-grandmother is and in the 33 years that I have been doing this type of work I have never (to my knowledge) lost a customer's personal data file because I do care to take the time to find them all.

Take care All, and again, I hope that my insights into resolving your "Phantom Data Usage" will be helpful to you.

Kevin

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

TL;DR - Back up your own data before bringing your PC into a repair shop.

Linlu1945
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently I'm not alone!  We were sold on 10 gb plan Home Fusion but soon found we needed 20 gb plan.  We are genealogists so spend several hours a day researching but very little video streaming. No games or video or music streaming.  We can surf for 8 hours and use around 1 gb.  But something went extremely wrong the middle of February 2014.  The last 2 or 3 gbs of data just seemed to evaporate before our eyes.  Our new month began on Monday, Feb. 16 at midnight.  By 10 a.m. we had used 4.5 gbs and only been on the internet approximately 4 hours.  Within a hour we had used 6 gbs or more.  I immediately called Verizon and a case worker has been assigned to my account to look into the problem.  However, she kept saying it had to be my computer or something else was running that I wasn't aware of. The in and out report showed it wasn't on Verizon.  I'm very displeased and if this problem isn't resolved real soon, will be forced to go another route.  We didn't change our internet habits....no gaming, watching videos, goggle earthing, downloading or streaming....disgusted in Missouri

John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> We didn't change our internet habits....no gaming, watching videos, goggle earthing, downloading or streaming....disgusted in Missouri

Data usage has nothing to do with your habits.  It has everything to do with what is actually happening on the network, with or without your knowledge.  There is no disclaimer that says you are only liable for internet usage that you can see or understand.  If it leaves your device and goes across the VZW network then it will be held against you, simple as that.

Finding out specifically what happened is often above most peoples troubleshooting threshold.  You need the assistance of data usage monitors which must be setup in a way to properly capture what is happening with your traffic. 

Linlu1945
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for this info.  Basically this is what Verizon told me but it's beyond my comprehension to understand why this happened now and why it's my fault and I have to pay the price.  We pay almost $300 a month for three phones and Home Fusion 20 gb plan.  I've been a satisfied customer for almost two years and have had no problems with service and data usage until this month. 

There is only myself and my husband (light user) who basically share an one-yr old HP Desk Top.  We have a laptop which was turned "off"  and is seldom used in the home.  I did turn it on today, and discovered it had to be recharged.  When I plugged it in there were several updates (knowing now I think from Microsoft) waiting to be installed.  I have no way of knowing when these updates are being installed on my desk top....no message, no sound, no notification or blinking lights.  So I really didn't know that the laptop was out of date and these updates were awaiting to be acted upon.  I will now start checking at least 2 or 3 times a week to see what new updates have come in.  We use the two i-phones seldomly, just to make a few calls and I text occasionally.  I discovered my husband had several updates for free apps awaiting him however. Are these the kinds of things that might have caused this problem?

We live in a rural area with little choice of providers, and my nearest neighbor is across the road and abt a quarter of a mile away.  I'm sure no one could have "stole" my data especially without my pass codes. I have two Verizon cell towers visible from my home so get really good reception and few disconnects.  Occasionally we've had to reset the device from the basement.  That's about it.

Is this what may have caused our service to use almost 6 gbs of data in about 4 hours of surfing?  We avg about 4-5 hrs a day since Feb 16 (9 days) and ar showing we used over 17 gbs this am.  I've been conservatively turning off multiple windows, shutting off the computer after use and I'm beside myself.

Verizon is working with me and the rep has been extremely kind and considerate...I will give them that. Perhaps this will help others.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

> Are these the kinds of things that might have caused this problem?

Yes.  Automatic updates are an easy way to spike your usage and are very common.

> Is this what may have caused our service to use almost 6 gbs of data in about 4 hours of surfing?

Its hard to say exactly what may or may not have caused your spike in usage without logs or evidence of your network activity.  That's where most folks end up giving up the troubleshooting because finding a paper trail for data usage is so difficult to do.  All we can say for sure is that VZW noticed that your Jetpack was communicating on the internet during that time and the usage was billed against you.  Could have been updates, personal browsing, viruses, hackerz, or the boogey man.

Something I like to suggest for Windows users is a monitor called Glasswire.  Glasswire would help on your windows PCs.  Whats nice about Glasswire is that it attempts to break down your usage by application which is very helpful in these situations.

The iphones should have some kind of data usage monitor installed on them already.  Not sure exactly what Apple refers to it as or how detailed the reporting is.  Might have to do a little googling to find out if another iphone user doesn't comment for you.

redjessie
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are having similar problems with just iphone/ipad wi-fi usage.  Until today, there hasn't been a hard-wired ethernet connection between the router and a PC in a few months and having a very hard time keeping our usage under 10GB a month, with very little video streaming, just wi-fi for facebook, emails etc.

First month we used 30GB and have kept it down since then by turning the router off for a lot of the time. 

Lucky that we have still have low-speed but uncapped and unreliable Frontier DSL, that we use for the bulk of our downloading. hence being able to keep PC off the Verizon network.

I can see that there are 19 coax connections from the router, and couldn't get a sensible answer from Verizon as to what they were, they still show up even after resetting the router.

The kind of hard disk corruption that @John Getzke mentions shouldn't be our issue, given its just apple devices hooked in over wifi.

danishaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, I reported my problem to Verizon again and also left a less than favorable review. Surprise, I received an email that my review was being removed as it didn't follow their guidelines. I followed the guidelines-they just don't want people knowing about this.

Sent from my iPhone

Linlu1945
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having used another 7 gbs out of 10 (elevating our plan to 30 gbs) which was purchased less than a week ago, and analyzing our data usage of about 4 hrs per day on avg of surfing, we've had enough. We were staying below 20 gbs a month and some months around 17 gbs usage. Happy customers for over a year and a half.  I was surfing for up to 8 hrs or more on a gb per day.  Had several apps on our i-phones which we seldom used and I was able to sometimes watch an hour of tv or google earth for an hour or two at month's end, without fear of an overage charge.

We're getting rid of Home Fusion three mos early and glad to pay the penalty.  We began turning off the router and computer each time we weren't using it.  Deleted all apps from our two i-phone 4's and are limiting our use of the internet which is kind of an inconvenience, just so we won't go into extra overages.

If Verizon won't take responsibility for this problem, and refund some of the charges,   I feel they've caused with perhaps faulty equipment as some on here have suggested, then so be it.  If my computer has been infected, perhaps I will soon discover this by changing IP address.  Then the problem will be on my end I suppose.

Good luck everyone

Message edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

danishaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

We are experiencing high data usage as well. Especially today, when we were notified we had used 75% of our 20 GB plan. No one was on the computers at this time (only have a desktop and a laptop). Under an hour later I received a notification that we had used 90% of our plan. Again, no devices were on. And the the 20 GB has been reached. I do NOT understand this, and every month we come close to reaching the 20 GB allowance. When we had Cellcom we never came close to 20 GB month. And nothing has changed as far as internet usage. I have also noticed usage in the middle of the night. The two computers are shut off. We do NOT stream videos, do NOT download movies, NO gaming. Only Facebook, checking e-mails, occasional iTunes music downloads and occasional Youtube videos. NOTHING that would use that amount of data.

From what I've read, there are lots of people having this same issue. So Verizon, what is the deal????

yarelim_vzw
Verizon Employee

Dean5552

Your security is important to us and can assure you that your Home Fusion is secure.  I also understand it is important to  understand your data usage.  Allow us to review your account to check on current and previous data usage.  Please replay back with number on account and billing password.

Look forward in assisting.

0 Likes
Dean5552

Have already talked to two different people at Verizon...all I get is it has to be something in my home...there is no way possible this is taking place.  That is why I checked on it after one day.  Shows I used 3.75 gigs from my 870 703 6068 number in less than 24 hours with no one on any devices for near the amount of time it would take to use that much data.  We do not use Netflix, gaming, very rarely look at any kind of video.  We are not heavy users and it has progressively gotten worse each month since having home fusion.  I hope you can help.

0 Likes
Loreo31
Enthusiast - Level 1

When my desktop was plugged into the router (desktop turned off) - useage was crazy. Everytime I would turn my desktop on - it was using 14 GB per minute. I had to completely unplug everyting, try to receive assistance (that never came) from Verizon. I took my desktop to a computer technician who said that my computer did not have any backdoor viruses that would consume that type of data. I ended up having to pay the $1000.00 bill. I unplugged the desktop and now only connect to internet wireless. I take my computer off line when not in use and it has been much better. I'm still spitting mad about having to pay that $1000.00 bill that I did not use that type of data. They were not budging in offering me any solutions other than paying that fraudulent bill.  No one can suck up 14 GB in one minute. It's an atrocity. I kept all of my log on history and data useage to join a class action lawsuit when one is initiated. It will happen.

0 Likes
John_Getzke
Champion - Level 1

Allow me to summarize how this will go for you.

Verizon will claim you are using the data, you will deny.  Verizon will bill you for the data as recorded by their billing system and you will pay it.  If you don't pay the bill then VZW will send you to collections for not honoring your contract.  VZW may credit you back if you can somehow prove there was a billing mistake, but I don't see any evidence of that on your post so far.  You may counter VZW directly as an individual in small claims court if you like, but you have already waived the right to a class action with your contract.

The liability is on the consumer right now to discover and regulate their own data usage.  Just like a water pipe if you leave it on the water company is going to bill you.  The water company doesn't care if anyone is using it or not, if its on then its on and if they claim their equipment is working then their work is done.

To figure out specifically what is going on will require significant effort on your behalf.  You need to isolate the devices that are connected to your network and setup monitors to track how much and what kind of data is passing through them.  VZW has no responsibility to help you with your personal networking devices.

What you should do in the mean time is build a habit of shutting down or disconnecting your devices when they are not actively being used.  This will make the reporting features VZW offers you much more accurate and intuitive.  As long as a device is powered on and connected to the LTE router it could be consuming data with or without your consent.

Dean5552

Why would this happen on my home fusion but didn't on my mifi device?

0 Likes