Orbic Speed and Xbox One maybe same on the PS4
Willcrow77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any way to portforward or mess with the settings in the Orbic speed to fix the nat type from being strict? I have tried setting up the portforwarding to match the port and ip address of the Xbox and still get a strict nat type. Has anyone been able to get better than strict? I can usually play games and stream shows decently only a little lagging in the games. Downloads however are usually swaps between 500mbps and 1000mbps which takes all night for a 3 gig update. If anyone has any clues to fix this please send it my way. #orbic speed #Xbox One

Labels (1)
2 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. The answer is the NAT type cannot generally be altered, as the function of the jetpack is a private internet connection for security. This means you would need a personal workaround in this situation such as a static IP by utilizing a VPN, or a different option such as utilizing our Home LTE option if it is available in your area. A link for it is here: https://www.verizon.com/home/lte-home-internet/, if this service is available to you, it may be beneficial to replace the jetpack with it, as there are less limitations. I hope this helps. *Gert

0 Likes
Willcrow77
Enthusiast - Level 1

A home wifi is not an option for me, I move locations about every 3 months therefore a hardwired connection is not an option and generally will not be available in the areas I move to. Do you know of a good option for utilizing the VPN?