Wifi Extender 2 stuck on 11a
M5Pilot
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone else wake up to their network extender 2 stuck on 11a?  From previous 11a posts a few years ago it looks like the receiver can't receive code from Verizon and so it's a problem on their end.  I've tried several reboots with no help.

Labels (1)
228 Replies
KAdrian

My network extender started to work today.  I was only out for 1 day.  so I will consider myself lucky

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're glad to hear that your network extender is again working, KAdrian. Sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. If you should encounter any other issues, just let us know as we'll be happy to help out. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@KAdrian wrote:

My network extender started to work today.  I was only out for 1 day.  so I will consider myself lucky

Where are you located?  We might as well document regions/localities which come back in service.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Gordond
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am in North Georgia 30107 , mine is back on

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Update from Technical Support regarding Network Ticket NRB000010226319:

Issue has been resolved. "Changes made to a geofile caused a state change to perform a PNP0.  Once the MDB was reset the orders started to process"

Exactly what that means also is 'above my pay grade'.  Sounds like a 'Master Data Base' got hung up and had to be reset.

0 Likes
Hoodoo68

I know many people seem to report, that they are back online. My unit is still not online and keeps failing at step 11b (Connecting to Serving Management Server.). I did the "Complete" Restart but it made no difference. I would do a Factory Reset if this is what is needed but so far I have not done so, hoping it would just come back online. 

Have people who got this to work done the factory reset or have units come back on their own without doing anything ? 

thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are disheartened to learn that you're still having an issue at the time of your last response. We want nothing more than to ensure this is resolved for you. Are you still having an issue with your Network Extender at this time? 

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
sam-the-gam
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Hoodoo68 wrote:

I know many people seem to report, that they are back online. My unit is still not online and keeps failing at step 11b (Connecting to Serving Management Server.). I did the "Complete" Restart but it made no difference. I would do a Factory Reset if this is what is needed but so far I have not done so, hoping it would just come back online. 

Have people who got this to work done the factory reset or have units come back on their own without doing anything ? 

thanks

Mine came back online automatically. I did not need to do a factory reset. I just unplugged Extender for 30 seconds and plugged it back in several times today. It finally came back on it's own.

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

@Hoodoo68 wrote:

thanks

came back on its own

0 Likes
GG48
Enthusiast - Level 2

After reading that some have gotten their extenders working again, I just plugged mine in & SUCCESS!! It’s working at 10pm Eastern time in New Jersey!  Hooray!!

0 Likes
LLCOOLTOO

I also have the exact same problem, did all factory resets and made sure extender was connected to my cable/modem network. nothing helps Verizon says they will get back to me. Hours ago.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want for our customers and want to make sure you are provided the services that you need. In order to review this more explain more about your issues connecting to the network extender. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Hoodoo68

same also did reset but it still seems to fail (now at step 11b)

Connecting to Serving Management Server

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hoodoo68, we are disheartened to learn that you've had these issues with your Network Extender, but we are happy to let you know that this issue has been fully resolved. Please let us know if you have any additional questions we can assist you with.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
DM215
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yup. 14hrs later, still no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DM215, we want to make sure that we do everything we can to help. Are you still experiencing issues with your Network Extender? What set up step is your Network Extender currently on?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
DM215
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just did another full reset and it's finally working!

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

test

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

This is ridiculous, cant figure out how to reply to a post and have the post I am replying to show up in my post..

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@randys12 wrote:

This is ridiculous, cant figure out how to reply to a post and have the post I am replying to show up in my post..

It depends on what device/app you're using to access the Community Forum.  I'm on my desktop, using a browser.  When I hit REPLY, I have editing options and when expanded, have a 'double quote' option which copies the post I'm replying to.

If you're using a mobile device, the browser does not give the editing options and you probably have to improvise, e.g. copy/paste if you can or add your own text identifying who/what you are responding to.

0 Likes