1.9 rollout
bjohnrini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry if this has been answered already.

Anyone know when 1.9 is supposed to be rolled out to the Long Island, NY  (franklin square) area?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
198 Replies
JCupl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here in Dallas (error and try again message), but after an hour or so Wednesday AM, it activated. Today I successfully activated the "multi-hub feature" , with a dialog telling me it would take 2-4 minutes, but more like 12. Did work. 

I have release 1.9 build 10.95

VHO ID 3301

platform ID QIP-7200 P2

So far all pretty positive here!

0 Likes
SoCal_Larry
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be working this morning. 

0 Likes
ejpbowie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok, I went out and bought a drive in June, went away in July and August, and now the summer is over and still no sign of the upgrade in the Washington, D.C. area.  I've given up and started using my new hard drive for data backups and will go and get another one for DVR usage.  Any updates on when we can expect the upgrade out here? 

0 Likes
kmalansky

A friend of mine in the DC area just switched to FIOS and he received a new box with 1.9 on it. I am hoping they do the roll out to the rest of us in the DC area.

0 Likes
BigggFuzzyG
Contributor - Level 1

Did he invite you over to check it out? If this is true it could be closer than we think to VHO 04. I sure hope so been waiting along time for this. I believe we are in the same DAC. I'm still curious though on how the slow spin process works. Does any of the testers out there know how they choose the inital slow spin in a market? Anyone know or heard which DAC in the East will be next?

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

He probably has a Cisco box.

0 Likes
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried again this morning with my 1TB drive and it set up fine so all is well (DVR menu shows 2 drives now, the internal and my new external).

0 Likes
oyster1
Contributor - Level 1
Wonder if Joe relays the stupendous level of frustration fios customers are feeling regarding 1.9..to higher UPS . Even with 1.9 we will not have start over ability..and will not have the ability to record 4 shows at once like TiVo..fios is not cutting edge..they don't even offer interactive channels like directv.they even have a slim HD channel lineup compared to satellite tv.adding one obscure network at a time every 5 months..obviously Verizon..like Congress is this huge over inflated bureaucracy .decisions take insane amount of time which leads them to fall behind competitors.
id2nv2nj2ca3
Enthusiast - Level 3

You know what an even bigger kick in the pants is, though not Fios TV related, is the internet speeds and what they cost here, compared to say Japan, where they have internet speeds up to 160Mbps downstream for around $60 or $80 a month (can't remember for sure), but here in the best country on earth, it's just south of $200 per month for those speeds.  As if it actually "costs" that much more to make those speeds available to their customers.  Edit: Here's the article I read about this:  Oh, the article states $60 per month for 160Mbps speeds.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/03/the-cost-to-offer-the-worlds-fastest-broadband-20-per-home/

To keep somewhat on topic, it's sad that a company gets so huge that they can't "police" what their telephone reps or even their people in the field say.  For example, when you are promised the latest software when your service is installed.  Being told I would have the 1.9 IMG was the ONLY reason I agreed to the install.  I should have cancelled my service as soon as I realized that wasn't the case, went back to DirecTv and gotten the NFL Sunday Ticket pkg for free.  Verizon should beg, borrow and steal anything they have to for the ability to offer that to their subscribers.  I think the NFL are dumb (since i d i o t s got censored) for not making it available to all providers.  My guess is that there are millions and millions of football fans that would pay for it if it were available.

0 Likes
jesusmar200

according to another post, the update is coming tonight for SoCal

cant wait 😄 !

0 Likes
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Please let us know if you actually get the update.  I would be nice to have confirmation that the update is happening somewhere.

Thanks!

0 Likes
schwarze2006
Enthusiast - Level 2

VHO1 is in the same DAC as So Cal so hopefully we in North Texas are not far behind (if the other thread is correct). 

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jesbec0318 wrote:

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/press_releases/activevideo-files-injunction-against-verizon-stop-unlawf...

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/verizon-fights-activevideos-request-injunction/2011-08-15

http://www.fiercetelecom.com/story/activevideo-aims-injunction-verizon-tv-services/2011-08-15

http://www.fiercecable.com/story/activevideo-scores-115m-judgement-verizon-patent-suit/2011-08-03

Why not have a systemwide release of 1.9 img before this happen? Let us all enjoy the release before dooms day.

Perhaps it is why Virginis and DAC3 with MD, VA and Washington DC is last. Might be a good thing I get it last or don't get it. TiVO shares content between boxes, did they get sued? Verizon has had MRDVR for a while, what about the SAT providers, did the get sued? Multi hub is the only thing I see as being new in the game. I don't see that it is justified. Only thing I see is Cablevision being in bed with this outfit, and a way to go after the competion. Cablevision wants a monopoly.

0 Likes
smtenney1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can someone provide us with current progress in not the schedule?  

Is the rollout conintuing on schedule?  

Has someone gotten it recently?

I too have an external drive waiting for the update.

0 Likes
bjohnrini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, a month after asking the question, still no 1.9 in Franklin Square, NY.

0 Likes
frankay213
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the strike ends tomorrow. NOW can I have 1.9 PLEASE??? Stupid unions always ruining things for me....

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@frankay213 wrote:

So the strike ends tomorrow. NOW can I have 1.9 PLEASE??? Stupid unions always ruining things for me....

Almost certainly not now! My guess is that Verizon has to get themselves ramped back up, people back in place, network setup redone or at re-verified, etc. Then they will pick a DAC to start with (they already may have done that), and start up. Since you don't have your location in your profile, I don't have even a guess when you might get it. But it is going to take a couple of months I think to finish the rollout.

All just my guess of course.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1
Re: 1.9 rollout[ New ]

@frankay213 wrote:

Almost certainly not now! My guess is that Verizon has to get themselves ramped back up, people back in place, network setup redone or at re-verified, etc. Then they will pick a DAC to start with (they already may have done that), and start up. Since you don't have your location in your profile, I don't have even a guess when you might get it. But it is going to take a couple of months I think to finish the rollout.

All just my guess of course.

Keller, TX 76248

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple months to finish rollout? Are you kidding Justin?

Joe Ambeault said it's very likely Verizon not gonna finish rollout this year.

Knowing how optimistic he usually is, I am positive 1.9 will NOT be installed in every Verizon box by Memorial day 2012. And this is optimistic snenario, yesterday we've had earthquake on East Coast - perfect reason to delay. Then, hurricane Irene coming, after that - winter and snowstorms...

Justin46
Legend

@alden wrote:

Couple months to finish rollout? Are you kidding Justin?

Joe Ambeault said it's very likely Verizon not gonna finish rollout this year.

Knowing how optimistic he usually is, I am positive 1.9 will NOT be installed in every Verizon box by Memorial day 2012. And this is optimistic snenario, yesterday we've had earthquake on East Coast - perfect reason to delay. Then, hurricane Irene coming, after that - winter and snowstorms...

Nope, not kidding.

1.9A has been available now to a fairly large number of customers for quite a while now, there don't seem to be that many complaints coming in these days. So once they restart the rollout I really don't see why it can't move at a reasonable, controlled pace. Unless of course the labor issue gets in the way again.....

I have had 1.9A for several weeks now, works ok for me. There are a few glitches I have noticed, but nothing major.

Where did Joe say it was not very like to finish rollout this year, can you provide a link or a quote? I certainly have not seen anything like that. And if he did say that, I am guessing that might have been based on the strike lasting longer than it did (and I am sure hoping they can settle the issues without another work stopage) .

Maybe you are just a pessimist, glass half empty, and I am just an optimist, glass half full.... Smiley Very Happy

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
alden
Contributor - Level 1

Justin,

I am not pessimist, I am just well informed  realist...

This is a link regarding Joe not sure that rollout will be done this year, in response on my comment:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/IMG-1-9/IMG-1-9-in-VHO-8-Status/td-p/329913/page/5

I would be shocked if they will complete rollout this year - this is Verizon for the God sake!!!

Alex

0 Likes