Data usage disabled in Mexico
Sus88a
Enthusiast - Level 2

My plan is supposed to give me access to data while in Mexico. I’ve been here two days and did troubleshooting for 2 hours with Verizon. Still no access to internet without wifi! Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Data usage disabled in Mexico
Naikaru1
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a serious issue!!!  If I were you I would report them to the BBB for their practices. 

If enough of us do so we will be holding THEM accountable for the huge mistakes they make. 

Get in contact with the IT department if u can! At least have someone explain the reason why.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure your services are working while you're outside of the US is important, Sus88a. I know I would be upset if I had travelled to find my service not working as expected. We are happy to help here, but know that we have limited support hours here for a technical issue. We're only available here between 8 am and 8 pm ET. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us.

-Joseph

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello! We are checking in on you. If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. Have a nice day!

~Maria

0 Likes
Sus88a
Enthusiast - Level 2

Of course, I still need help! But because I don’t have Internet, I don’t have the ability to see these messages in real time.

I have called and troubleshoot it for many hours, and my husband went to the Verizon store himself, and did the troubleshooting with no success

roaming is on, I can receive and make calls locally and to the US. I have at least 3 bars at all time and tried connecting to Movistar or Telcel. STILL NO SUCCESS

im begging for internet access, this is insane!

0 Likes
Sus88a
Enthusiast - Level 2

That’s the point I’ve gotten to. I just wasted 2 hours of my day speaking to a tier 2 agent and his supervisor in the Philippines call center. They did nothing for me. This phone is unusable unless connected to wifi. 

0 Likes
user456
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue. Data  roaming has always been on in my device settings (Galaxy S21), and I've restarted my phone multiple times. It does say TELNET on the notification bar, and I am in a large, well-populated border city that Verizon's coverage map says is fully covered with LTE everywhere. I spoke with a support rep earlier who said I needed the Travel Pass, but I just checked again and my plan does say it has 3GB of data in Mexico as part of it. What gives?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly strange that you're having trouble connecting to data while traveling in Mexico, user456. I know that I would want to be able to use my data while I was travelling, especially if my plan allowed for it. We are here to help. Please be on the lookout for a private note from us.

-Joseph

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to help out if you have any questions. If you still need assistance, let us know, and we'll be happy to help out.

~Freddy

0 Likes