Is it possible to switch of cellular services for the Verizon eSim?
tony4x4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

I am traveling to the UK for 21 days and I do not want to pay $10 per day for international roaming.

I am looking at getting a UK eSim just for Data but I want to be able to disable cellular services just for my Verizon eSim and just have WiFi Calling enabled. I know I can switch off cellular services on the phone (iPhone 14) but that would also disable cellular for my data eSim.

Is it possible just to switch off Cellular Services for the Verizon eSim?

I have looked at the Cellular Settings and it looks like I can only switch the line on and off which I assume will also disable wifi calling for my Verizon Line. I am not sure if there are additional options when a 2nd eSim is activated.

Any advice on the best and most cost effective way to travel overseas while still having data would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to switch of cellular services for the Verizon eSim?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you have safe travels in the UK, and it is a great trip! Planning is certainly important. What phone do you have? 

-Tionna

0 Likes
tony4x4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, iPhone 14 Pro

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. You can opt for vacation suspend. To learn how visit http://spr.ly/66043GWK8 if you don't want to pay for the line of service while out of the country. 

When in the UK you can activate the second eSIM. To do this, please keep in mind the phone needs to be unlocked. Our unlocking policy can be found here http://spr.ly/66053GWKD

-Tionna

0 Likes
tony4x4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there,

I think you misunderstand what I am trying to do.

All I want to do is switch off Cellular Services JUST for my Verizon eSim. I do not want to receive calls while I am over seas through any carrier service ONLY via WiFi.

However I still need to have cellular services on my phone for my 2nd Local eSim for data services. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, tony4x4. Thanks for reaching out. I know it's vital that your questions are answered. Please send us a Private Note, so we can gather more details.

*Alexis

0 Likes