S22 ultra wont work in mexico
Cossio24
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was in guadalajara Mexico this past weekend and my s22 ultra would not connect to any Mexican network. Was on the phone with Verizon global support for over 3 hours they could not get the issue fixed. Has anyone had this issue? I'm thinking it might be a phone issue. 

39 Replies
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important to have working service when traveling and we are here to help with any pending concerns. Feel free to send us as Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

~Vic

0 Likes
RAYBRU98

In just spent 3 hours on a chat session with no resolution. I found this thread and am now surprised to learn this is a widespread problem with Verixon and the S22.

First thing I will do upon returning to USA is switch to AT&T or T-Mobile.

And, BTW, this is the worst customer service experience ever. Verizon has ruined their cudtomer support processes.

0 Likes
AmazingBob
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem in the Philippines.  Spent MANY hours on chat with Verizon, trying to resolve the it.  I had to use WIFI, when it was available to use my phone.  It was just a really expensive camera, while I was there.

boguslaw1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello ,i purchased s22 ultra directly from.verizon and left to st.marteen

After landing my service not working at all shoving emergency calls only

Spend several hours talking to international verizon team without success 

They told me that there is issues and only can be fixed while in usa 

I come and verizon said that all issues are corrected 

Then i went to poland and same situation happened 

Called again and spend hours with verizon team (those peoples are useless)

No help at all only (i am so sorry)

After returning to usa i learn that my phone is locked  so verizon unlocked and send me email that my phone is ready for international talk 

I AM IN ARUBA NOW AND SAME SITUATION 

NO CONNECTION, NO SERVICE 

ONLY WIFI CALLING 

NEED EXPOSITION FROM VERIZON ASAP 

THIS IS SHAME TO SELL PHONES AND NOT WORKING PHONES 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this is the last thing you want to experience when traveling. I am more then happy to see what is going on so we can get you some service. Please meet me in a secure chat. 

-Amber

0 Likes
boguslaw1964
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello Amber

I have to use my wife hot spot becouse of this s22 ultra issue and how you can help me???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, gosh! I'm sorry this is still a concern, boguslaw1964! We've sent you a Private Note to best assist. -Nikki

0 Likes
Ryan225

Same issue in Baja, I was just down there for 2 weeks, s22 ultra never worked. Troubleshot with techsupport.... iPad mini 6 worked fine, wifes iPhone 12 pro worked fine....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to stay connected while traveling. Do you have roaming enabled on your device? Were all services impacted?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes
Kyllwin85

I'm having the same problem with an s20 plus and an s20 ultra. Has anyone found a fix? this is beyond frustrating and customer service locked me out for 24 hours yesterday because I kept getting disconnected while on wifi trying to fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I would be just as frustrated, Kyllwin85. I know how important it is to stay connected at all times. Especially when traveling. 

Is your phone set to Roaming-ON, in Settings? Do you recall what exact troubleshooting was done? I'm sending you a Direct Message. -Vanessa

0 Likes
Jram2032
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so I just went to mexico to pick a friend up from the airport. While I was there I saw I had no service at all no calls,text, or data. My wife's phone S22 Plus and mine S22 Ultra both had the same issue. I spent hours and hours on the phone connected to WiFi with Verizon trying to fix it. Only to tell us that it had to be fixed back in the states. Not to mention it took a hour for our friend and us to find each other cause we couldn't call and she couldn't get a hold of us. Got back to the states went straight to Verizon store and was told it should work after an hour of them playing with the phone. A week later we took out friend back to the airport in mexico. Guess what same issue no service on two lines why was I not surprised. Again while our friend waited for the airplane to board I contacted Verizon spent over 3 hours just to be told that they could not figure it out that everything was fine other end that it must be a user error. Classic respond when someone can't fix the issue. Got back to the states and took it in again once again a hour later they said ok now it should be fine and it should work. Went to go visit family for mother's day and guess what Verizon you did it again no service an both lines. I'm sure this is a contract and false advertising saying your domestic plan will work in mexico as it would in the states unlimited calls,texts, and data. Only to travel three times to mexico and more then 10 hours with Verizon customer service and in stores and to find out I will have no service abroad. I have two more trips coming up and I'm looking to get my lines canceled with no penalties cause technically I didn't get what they said was included in the plan. I hope t mobile or at&t have better service when traveling.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There is no convenient time or place to be without cell service, Jram2032. I can only imagine how upsetting this is. We will do all we can to help sort this out. In most cases, setting a device to "automatic" is the preferred way when it comes to using the device. Sometimes it is necessary to choose the international network manually. Please refer to this page http://spr.ly/6600zHTL6 for directions to get to the phone's network settings and change them to manual the next time you are outside the US.

-George

Jram2032
Enthusiast - Level 2

This was done in one of the calls with Verizon customer service and that did not work either. Then he wanted me to disable 5G but that's not an option on the S22 Ultra and he was telling me that it was and that I did not know what I was doing. I went to Verizon store and asked them to show me how to turn off 5G. They looked at my phone and my wife's and they said that we don't have that option on out devices. So we've tried what you suggested while in mexico and just so you know we could not disable 5G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jram2032, we appreciate the information you provided. As a traveler, I know how important it is to have a working phone when you travel outside of the U.S. To ensure we find a resolution, I sent you a Private Note. Please reply to the Private note at your earliest convenience. 

-Jacob

0 Likes
Jram2032
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am currently talking to Verizon in private message ill let everyone know the outcome but so far its not looking good. I have been told the same thing I have in the past. Also I was told that the service should work in Mexico but the service is not guaranteed to work. That's disappointing to hear I do have screenshots of the conversation with the person.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for keeping the community updated, Jram2032. We know the troubleshooting process can seem redundant. With each change we make or each question we ask and you answer, though, it is often necessary to retest. Since we cannot ask you to go to Mexico after every step, we do all we can in "one shot" to look into all the possibilities. We appreciate your hard work.

-George

0 Likes
paulake
Enthusiast - Level 2

This comment should be the very first thing that a Verizon service representative should try when done one says not working in Mexico!  Spent good on chat with Verizon service and got no where. Found this comment and in 30 seconds had a fix.  On Android,  settings>connections>mobile networks>network mode>LTE/GSM/UMTS>(attention)ok>manual>[pick a provider],mine was TELCEL.   GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As always, our valued customer's feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thank you for sharing such wonderful information.

We certainly are glad to hear that your device is working while you're traveling abroad (Mexico). We'll share your feedback with our team members too.

We'd also like to apologize for any inconvenience you've experienced.

We hope that you enjoyed or are enjoying your trip.

Thanks for continuing to be a valued customer.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Mars554
Enthusiast - Level 1

mine wasn't working either. Will there be a fix for this? Or do I have to get another phone? 

0 Likes