Texting internationally
jhoff7

If I'm traveling internationally with a Travel Pass with unlimited texts and I send a text to someone in the US, what does it cost the person to reply to my text?

0 Likes
Re: Texting internationally
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@jhoff7 wrote:

If I'm traveling internationally with a Travel Pass with unlimited texts and I send a text to someone in the US, what does it cost the person to reply to my text?

I don't think it costs them anything as they are responding to a domestic Verizon network text.  You are the one accessing the Verizon network internationally.  Hopefully, a Verizon agent will chime in here to confirm or clarify.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi! That is a great question. Staying connected while traveling is a must. They have no charge because the text is an incoming text from a US number. Does this help?

~Gina

0 Likes
bewrad

Interesting. I just got offline from @vzw_customer_support  support and was told my excess texting charges were because I received and sent texts internationally. The texts were from a domestic number that was traveling abroad in Asia. So something is off when it comes to the actuality of this and would love to know what is accurate since I am heading out of country soon. @vzw_customer_support 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bewrad We want you to have the correct information in regard to your question. Are you outsid of the country? ~Peter

0 Likes