1 TravelPass day per month per line
BobCowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 5 phones on the Play More plan that includes 1 TravelPass day per month per line. "Get 1 TravelPass® day each month, accumulating up to 12 days each year." My question is whether the TravelPass accumulates for each individual phone or to the "account" so that a 1 day pass can be used by any phone as needed so long as there are still TravelPasses in our "bank"? If the pass is for each phone and not in an account "bank," can they be placed in a bank?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 1 TravelPass day per month per line
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You've got a great question at hand and will be happy to help. To clarify, the Play More plan does not includes TravelPass. The only plans that include it is the Do More and Get More plans. The TravelPass feature for these plans does accumulate up to 12 days each year. Here is  link with more information about our plan and their perks https://www.verizon.com/plans/unlimited/  ~Christian

0 Likes
BobCowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

We switched to the DoMore plan after talking with a customer service rep.  However, there was a charge to make the change immediately rather than on the first of the following month.  It seems silly because the cost is the same.  We decided to make it effective March 1st.  Any idea why the charge??

Additionally, the customer service rep told me that the free TravelPasses go into our account so that any of us can use them.  This is vital because we plan to travel in March but only use one or two of our phones.  So it will be great that we get 5 one-day TravelPasses effective March 1st and they can be used by me or my wife on or after March 1st.   

Are there any fees/taxes when using the TravelPass?  We brought our account over to Verizon from AT&T and were surprised by the large percentage (of the $10/day TravelPass) of taxes we had to pay when traveling outside the US.

Finally, when traveling (under AT&T) there was no notice when we "triggered" a TravelPass.  I was diligent in only using Wi-Fi but somewhere along the line used AT&T cellular.  I don't want to turn cellular service "off" but can Verizon send me a text message when we use cellular?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bob, thank you for contacting us. When you trigger a TravelPass session, you will get a text that will let you know when the session starts and ends. Here's a link with information about our TravelPass feature: https://www.verizon.com/support/travelpass-faqs/

*Debbie

0 Likes
BobCowen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Debbie: thank you for getting back with me.  Reading the FAQ's it appears that I was given incorrect information when speaking with one of your reps about being able to use TravelPasses in a bank or pool from our 5 lines.  The DoMore TravelPasses can NOT be transferred to another one of our lines.... bummer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Correcting misinformation is often difficult, BobCowen. Thank you for your kind reply regarding TravelPass. You are correct. This feature is a per line, not per account, feature. You can learn more about international travel options by clicking here: http://spr.ly/6600KZF0E. Thank you for your business!

-George

0 Likes
brendalynnrice

Can you bank 12 days per phone or per plan?  It said my husband has 6 days banked.  Mine line was charged $10 for one day.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Brenda. I would love to help with your Travel Pass question. Can you give me more info on what you mean?

-Amber

0 Likes
buybuy1

One tip is to apply for the verizon card that let's you gain 1 travel pass as a reward when you pay your bill using the card. Note that the reward is not automatically assigned to the number, you will still need to assign it to your preferred number. Also, the pass is transferrable once unlike the ones earned from GetMore and DoMore plan.

0 Likes