Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
61 days in Mexico
NickWI

Has anyone had they service stopped when being in Mexico more than 60 days?

0 Likes
Re: 61 days in Mexico
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have an international plan on the lines in Mexico? Are you regularly paying your bill on time?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NickWI

No, I don't have an international plan and yes the bill is paid.  In my plan, it says Verizon may stop your service if you are in Mexico for more than 60 continuously days.  Has anyone had there service stopped?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NickWI,

We know how important it is to have service while you are traveling in Mexico. However, if you have been there for more than 60 continuous days, your services may be interrupted. We would recommend coming back to the United States to avoid your service being shut off. 

0 Likes
NickWI

I have found it would cost less to switch providers ( compared to your suggestion of coming back into the US).  Att does not have this clause and has a good present in Mexico.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

NickWI wrote:

I have found it would cost less to switch providers ( compared to your suggestion of coming back into the US). Att does not have this clause and has a good present in Mexico.

Hahahaha hahaha! Read section 4.5. Terms of Service - Legal Policy Center - AT&T. I know for a fact they have notified people that they are subject to termination for excessive off network usage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mama23dogs
Legend

Att used to say “if more than 50% of usage in 90 days is roaming it will result in service interruption”.  That has been changed to 60 days.  And yes, there have been customers shut off