Access APN settings
EddieH
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am traveling to the UK in a couple of months and wish to use a local providers SIM for the duration of my trip.  I am aware that my S7 Edge is globally unlocked from the factory.  What I need is to know how to fix the APN settings on this phone.  They are greyed out in the menus and not accessible.  From EVERYTHING I've read, you MUST change APN settings when using another networks SIM to get data and MMS to work.  How do I ungrey the APN settings on the Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Access APN settings
EddieH
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer this question for anyone else wondering, I just got back from England.  I went to a Three store the afternoon I arrived in London. I purchased a 30Gb prepaid SIM w/ 3000 minutes and texts for £25.  Once the SIM was inserted I checked the Access Point info.  I handed the phone to the store rep.  I believe the only thing she did was change the Access Point name from blank to three.  I had to wait less than a minute for a text from Three to reboot my Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge. Once I rebooted, I was off and running.  Data, phone, text all worked.  I used SMS but no MMS as I used Facebook Messenger (data) for all my photo sharing among friends. 

Three works great in London and in Huddersfield and probably most larger towns of England.  My last two days were spent in the English countryside (Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District).  Service was none to spotty at best.  My friend has Virgin mobile and she had service everywhere we went those two days.  So don't go with Three if you are outside of larger cities, towns, villages.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You won't be able to adjust the APN until you get the other carrier's SIM card in the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
EddieH
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the new SIM will create a new (accessible) APN profile for that carrier?  Have you used the Verizon S7 Edge in the UK?  Which provider did you choose (Three, EE, BT Mobile, etc.)?

0 Likes
EddieH
Enthusiast - Level 2

To answer this question for anyone else wondering, I just got back from England.  I went to a Three store the afternoon I arrived in London. I purchased a 30Gb prepaid SIM w/ 3000 minutes and texts for £25.  Once the SIM was inserted I checked the Access Point info.  I handed the phone to the store rep.  I believe the only thing she did was change the Access Point name from blank to three.  I had to wait less than a minute for a text from Three to reboot my Verizon Galaxy S7 Edge. Once I rebooted, I was off and running.  Data, phone, text all worked.  I used SMS but no MMS as I used Facebook Messenger (data) for all my photo sharing among friends. 

Three works great in London and in Huddersfield and probably most larger towns of England.  My last two days were spent in the English countryside (Yorkshire Dales and the Lake District).  Service was none to spotty at best.  My friend has Virgin mobile and she had service everywhere we went those two days.  So don't go with Three if you are outside of larger cities, towns, villages.

0 Likes
Azad241

If you are using three sim, you can try apn settings from here Three UK APN Settings or Three Internet Settings. Hope you can enjoy high speed internet after successfully adding APN Profile.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes