Activate sim in Canada?
mumble

Traveling in Canada. On Canada/Mexico plan.  Phone was stolen and recovered but without sim.  Have another verizon sim. Need to activate new sim.  Locked out of my verizon.  Since my device is inactive cant reset pw by receiving text. Other option of mail is not possible as I am travelling and need device.  Phone support lines state that Calling outside of business hours which is not true.  Any and all suggestions appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Activate sim in Canada?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn your phone was stolen, mumble. I'm glad it was recovered. In order to activate a Verizon Wireless SIM card, you must be on the Verizon Wireless network. Our network does not extend to Canada, as we partner with local carriers so traveling customers can use service. Since mail is not an option, you would need to wait until you are back in the United States to activate service. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Andrea_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes