Am I able to text to Canada without aditional charges
NORMD321

I have the international plan where I pay $5.00 to call Canada.  Does this include texting?

0 Likes
Re: Am I able to text to Canada without aditional charges
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What exactly is the international plan you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
NORMD321

North America.  I can call Canada and Mexico for $5.00 extra per month.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

@NORMD321

That’s an excellent question! I want to ensure you are fully aware of your texting billing options for sending text messages from the U.S. to Canada. Allow me to help.

The $5.00 Unlimited Together (formally known as the North America) international plan does not include texting. This plan only applies to your calls to the eligible countries. However, your international messaging rates would depend on your current domestic calling plan. For example, our current Unlimited Plans and our New Verizon Plan options include unlimited messaging to and from other countries while you’re in the U.S.: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/international-long-distance-faqs/#messaging-cost. Which plan are you currently on? I can see if your plan includes unlimited international text messaging.

AnthonyTa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NORMD321

I have the Unlimited Together – North America Plan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NORMD321, I apologize that we're not on the same page and to want to help answer your question regarding texting to a Canadian mobile number. I know it's important we determine if your actual Verizon Plan covers this or not so you don't pay any unnecessary texting charges. To clear things up, the Unlimited Together North America Plan for $5 a month feature is not your actual Verizon Wireless Plan, but simply an international calling feature added to your line.

We need to determine the actual name of the monthly Verizon Plan that is present on your billing statement. This is your domestic Verizon Wireless Plan that would normally include Calls, Texting and Data. Please reference the link attached under "General Information" Question #3 on how you can determine any texting rates if applicable based on your plan. The International Usage and Services page in the question can help determine if you're covered under your existing plan. I hope this information helps going forward and please keep us posted if you're able to provide us with the type of Verizon Plan you have. http://spr.ly/6586E1Rt2

AlanS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
NORMD321

Sorry about that. I have the New Verizon Plan 2GB

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Review the international benefits in the FAQs of your plan. The new Verizon Plan FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rodneym_vzw
Verizon Employee

Normd321, thanks for confirming those details for me. The 2 GB plan does not include text to Canada. I have supplied a link to the details of text messaging rates. https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-long-distance-in-us/

RodneyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

0 Likes