Anyone have big taxes on top of your travel pass $10 per day use?
mama23dogs
Legend

My use of the regular international plan ($40) had only a small tax.  less than 5%.  

Rumor is the $10 travel pass tax rate is much, much higher. 

0 Likes
Re: Anyone have big taxes on top of your travel pass $10 per day use?
rcschnoor
Legend

It has been quite some time since I used the daily TravelPass, but I don't remember it being out of line when I used it.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I'm hearing a complaint they got taxed about $50 on a 15 day, $150 charge.   Hope someone has an old bill they can dig up.  

Thanks for reply..

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

If you still have access, can you check the bill?  

The tax calculator doesnt help.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I did, I must have last used it 1-2 months prior to the last 18 months of bill available online so I cannot check.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Thanks for checking.   I Would think we had more travelers on the forum...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I remember others noting that their used travel pass frequently, but they aren't super active members here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, mama23dogs. Those rumors are certainly not true and I want to make sure you aren’t worrying about too many added expenses when you’re traveling. Taxes and surcharges for TravelPass usage will be applied the same as any other feature added to your account, such as the $40 International Package you mentioned. The more days you use TravelPass, the higher the total feature charge will be so that will coincide with a higher tax amount as well but not a higher percentage. The percentage is based on your primary place of use (service) address. You can verify that address is correct for all your taxes by following the steps at https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-change-billing-or-service-address-video . I hope this helps to set your mind at ease.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!