Calling Mexican local number while in Mexico (Travel Pass)
redneck65674
Enthusiast - Level 3

This may have already been addressed or I may be overthinking it.  If I call a Cancun, Mexico local number while vacationingg in Cancun (using Travel Pass), will I be charged for international long distance or will it only count as part of my unlimited voice?  I understand the part about $2/day for each 24 hour period used.     Also, would I dial it Plus ,  then Country Code (52),  then local number with area code?

Thanks in advance for any assistance; sorry if this has already been answered!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Calling Mexican local number while in Mexico (Travel Pass)
deloused
Master - Level 3

With the Travel Pass feature in Mexico you can use your unlimited voice plan when calling a number in that country, or the US. You'd only be charged international call rates on Travel Pass there if you called a number in a different country than those 2.

The dialing patterns to the US there are- Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number. And MX- Plus Sign then Country Code then the number with Area Code.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Calling Mexican local number while in Mexico (Travel Pass)
deloused
Master - Level 3

With the Travel Pass feature in Mexico you can use your unlimited voice plan when calling a number in that country, or the US. You'd only be charged international call rates on Travel Pass there if you called a number in a different country than those 2.

The dialing patterns to the US there are- Plus Sign then 1 then ten digit U.S. number. And MX- Plus Sign then Country Code then the number with Area Code.

0 Likes