Can I use my device in Canada without additional charges?
ruthruth7884

I will be traveling from the US to Canada.  Can I use my cell phone in Canada without incurring additional charges?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Canada
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There will be additional charges no matter what. Depending on your plan, the charges can vary. You may want to look into something called TravelPass. This will have a daily charge but allows you to use your phone's plan as if you were domestic, under your existing allowances.

Traveling abroad? Connecting internationally just got simpler

TravelPass Countries | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

There will be additional charges no matter what. Depending on your plan, the charges can vary. You may want to look into something called TravelPass. This will have a daily charge but allows you to use your phone's plan as if you were domestic, under your existing allowances.

Traveling abroad? Connecting internationally just got simpler

TravelPass Countries | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

IF you are in the NEW My Verizon plan and have XL (16 GB) or higher, then Canada roaming is included for no additional charges.

0 Likes
ruthruth7884

Thank you, Weth.  I have the "Verizon Plan Large 6 GB", so I guess there will be additional charges if/when I go to Canada.  Smiley Sad  I would like to have a sense for what those charges would/be.  For example, if I leave my phone on but nobody calls, will I be charged for roaming?  If someone calls and I talk for 1 minute, how much would it cost?  I'll give Verizon a shout tomorrow.  Thank you.

0 Likes
ruthruth7884

Thank you smith6612!  The TravelPass is an excellent idea.  I'd like to know how the cost of the travel pass compares to the charges I would incur by turning my phone on and potentially using it in Canada.  I'll call Verizon tomorrow for specifics.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to stay connected especially when you are traveling, Ruth. When you call in tomorrow, you should ask about our New Verizon Plans that are geared specifically toward people that travel to Canada and Mexico! You can check them out here:

http://vz.to/1mr1tyU

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes