Can My Parents Use Their Phones To Take Pictures On A Crusie?
DAVLEE85

My parents are on my plan.  They are going on a cruise to Dom. Republic.  They want to use their phone to take pictures.  While their phone is on, will they use up my minutes roaming, etc?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My parents are on my plan. They are going on a cruise. Dom. Republic.
Weth
Legend

I would recommend they turn on airplane mode when they leave US soil and do not turn it back on until they return if you don't want to get hit by international roaming charges. Once airplane mode is turned on, they can turn on wifi and connect to any free or pay wifi if they want. While in airplane mode, it is safe to take pictures and leave the phone on and they will not use up international roaming minutes, data, and text.

Final emphasis - turn on airplane mode and leave it there unless. Roaming on a ship and internationally can be expensive (think thousands of dollars) unless you know exactly what you are doing

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: My parents are on my plan. They are going on a cruise. Dom. Republic.
Weth
Legend

I would recommend they turn on airplane mode when they leave US soil and do not turn it back on until they return if you don't want to get hit by international roaming charges. Once airplane mode is turned on, they can turn on wifi and connect to any free or pay wifi if they want. While in airplane mode, it is safe to take pictures and leave the phone on and they will not use up international roaming minutes, data, and text.

Final emphasis - turn on airplane mode and leave it there unless. Roaming on a ship and internationally can be expensive (think thousands of dollars) unless you know exactly what you are doing

0 Likes