Can Someone Explain The International Preferred Plan?
JKRankin

I have the $40 for one month plan...100 calling/100 messages/100mb data.....Questions.....If I send one message to 3 people at once does that count as 1 message or 3 messages?        If they all reply does that count against my 100 messages.....If you send pictures in your messages does it use data?  Not sure how far 100 MB of data will get me....can you give me any idea.   If I can hook up to Wi-Fi none of the above will be used correct?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: International calling
Weth
Legend

One correction - incoming messages do not count against your 100 messages on the $40 International preferred plan.

100 sent 

Unlimited received

If you hook up to wifi, in most cases you will still use your messaging numbers for outgoing messages unless you are using imessage on iPhone to another iPhone (blue bubbles).

If you have a newer phone that can utilize wifi calling (let us know what phone you have), then when you are on wifi, calling to the US, receiving calls to the US and text messages in and out are all free. But this is only if you have a phone that supports wifi calling and you have wifi calling turned on and you see VZW Wi-Fi in the status area where Verizon is usually located.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes

Yes

There is a data calculator in your MyVerizon account online.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

One correction - incoming messages do not count against your 100 messages on the $40 International preferred plan.

100 sent 

Unlimited received

If you hook up to wifi, in most cases you will still use your messaging numbers for outgoing messages unless you are using imessage on iPhone to another iPhone (blue bubbles).

If you have a newer phone that can utilize wifi calling (let us know what phone you have), then when you are on wifi, calling to the US, receiving calls to the US and text messages in and out are all free. But this is only if you have a phone that supports wifi calling and you have wifi calling turned on and you see VZW Wi-Fi in the status area where Verizon is usually located.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Is there a different policy for international use than for domestic? For domestic, while MMS messages will use data it does not count against your data allowance. Is this different for international use?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They asked if it used data. They didn't ask if it counted against the plan. As Weth already clarified the international plans are different than the domestic ones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes