Cannot dial +46 70x
mcnylen

Hi, I cannot dial any numbers in Sweden that start with 7 (all cells in Sweden start with the "area code" 7. I can dial all cells in the world except for Sweden. The other issue is that +46 77X are numbers where the dialer and the recipient share the costs, ie like a shared 800 or 866 in the US, and I am thinking that there has to be a blockage by Verizon. I have tried 3 separated Verizon phones with different numbers and same result. Any insight? Best, M

0 Likes
Re: Cannot dial +46 70x
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a mystery, mcnylen. One I’m confident we can crack. Let’s peel back the layers to discover what it is that’s going on, mcnylen . I’m presuming that you are in the United States placing a call to Sweden. Based on that I found the following information on  long distance international calls: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/international-long-distance-in-us/?country=sw...
What is the recording that you hear when calling 011 + 46 + the local number ?
What is the recording that you hear when calling that same number, but dropping the 7?
What is the make and model of your phone? 

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcnylen

Hi,

It is any number in Sweden where the area code starts with 7, ie all cell phone providers and also Swedish “866” numbers.

Examples:

[removed]

I have tried it from 3 different Verizon cell phone numbers, a Galaxy S7, Galaxy 9+ and and Iphone 6.

Message: Welcome to VW, the number has been changed, disconnected or no service.

I can easily call those numbers from an AT&T Cellphone, landline or dialing from skype. This has been going on for over a year.

Best,

M

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcnylen, thanks for providing that information. I understand the importance of making sure you are able to make calls to Sweden. Let's continue to work to get to the bottom of this. Have you tried calling the number by dialing 011 then 46 then the international number? If not please try it. Let me know what happens.

Justin_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcnylen

Hi,

Yes, with the same message.

Best,

Manny [removed]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that confirmation. Just to make sure though, but are you able to dial other non-U.S. numbers? On these other lines you have tried, do you have an international calling option on those same lines? Check them out here: https://vz.to/2mQ2p3U

Russell_VZW

0 Likes
mcnylen

Yes, I can dial any number, inside and outside the US from all three phones with the exception of the issue i am having

Manuel [removed]

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

vzw_customer_support  Having worked for a carrier previously, we did call traces all the time to resolve routing issues like this.  It sounds like Verizon Wireless tech support needs to do a call trace to see where those calls are going.  They may need to work with the long distance carrier(s) they hand the call off to and the local carrier in Sweden as well so they can trace.  Could be simple routing entries in a database that are incorrect.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes