Carribean cruise
LIZKig

Will my phone work in st lucia, Barbados, St Kitt, St Thomas, and Antigua. I know data won't work on ship but what about phone.  How about on the islands.  Any advice on best international plan.  Not crazy user but want to be connected when I need to be. Any help appreviated. Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Carribean cruise
mama23dogs
Legend

Please look into the travel planner.  Cruise ships require a different package and not all are supported.

International Travel FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Your phone can function for photos and such.  I suggest you put it in airplane mode and leave it there for the duration.  You can turn wifi on if avail able.  Many ships have wifi for a fee.

View solution in original post

mama23dogs
Legend

Please look into the travel planner.  Cruise ships require a different package and not all are supported.

International Travel FAQs | Verizon Wireless

Your phone can function for photos and such.  I suggest you put it in airplane mode and leave it there for the duration.  You can turn wifi on if avail able.  Many ships have wifi for a fee.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are great suggestions, mama23dogs. LIZKig, I want to be sure you have a great trip and know what to expect so the best place to start your search will be to log into www.vzw.com/tripplanner . From there, you’ll be able to enter each of the countries you’re visiting along with the cruise ship you’ll be on to see the best options specific to your phone and plan. Since the service will not be through Verizon Wireless directly, service availability will be dependent on the local carrier. There will even be the option in the planner to add an international plan if you’d like. If you have any questions about your device settings for the trip or how to put it into Airplane Mode like mama23dogs suggested, please let me know what make and model phone you have.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes