Child is travelling to Europe - Verizon site telling me iPhone XS Max is not compatible
MFG1

I signed on to my account to turn on international services for my child who is traveling on a school trip to Europe.  The Verizon site is not allowing me to turn on international services for the child's device.  The device is a iPhone XS Max.  What options do we have?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Child is travelling to Europe - Verizon site telling me iPhone XS Max is not compatible
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello MFG1, being on top of your international service is crucial, especially to avoid any technical or financial surprises, we want to clear things out. Where in Europe is your child traveling to? What services does your child plan to use and how long will they be there? Please elaborate, which international plan/feature are you trying to add and what exactly happens when you try to add the international service through the Verizon Wireless site?

GilbertoL_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Child is travelling to Europe - Verizon site telling me iPhone XS Max is not compatible
gjackoh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am leaving for Europe in a few days.  I tried to activate a travel plan for Europe (Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, and France) for my iPhone XS.  Website says the phone is not compatible.  This doesn't seem right.  Can you Help?

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long has the iPhone been activated on that line? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gjackoh
Enthusiast - Level 2

January 5, 2019

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gjackoh wrote:

January 5, 2019

That should be outside of 60 day SIM locking policy period. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
gjackoh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the chat function on the Verizon website.  After convincing the automated replies that it wasn't helping me, I got to a real rep.  He took the information about the telephone (iPhone XS and telephone number, and that I wanted to enroll it in the TravelPass program..  He went away for several minutes, came back on and said he had enrolled the telepone.  I asked, but he never answered why the web site said the phone was not compatible.

I checked the Verizon site later and it showed that the telepone had the TravelPass feature.  I went back to the International Plan section and it still said the phone was not compatible.

I don't know what the website issue was, but I am going to assume the phone will work when I am in Europe.  I do have the international support number if it doesn't.  We'll see.  It seem it should work.

0 Likes
skier1

I have the exact same issue with an Iphone 11 pro max.  Can you tell me if the phone ended up working in Europe even though it said the phone wasn't compatible?  Did this ever get fixed in the system so you can add an international plan without having to contact customer service? Thanks!

0 Likes
gjackoh
Enthusiast - Level 2

We used the iPhone XS for 2 1/2 weeks.  Austria, CzechRepublic, Germany, and France.  It worked fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That seems like an awesome trip, gjackoh. I definitely want to make sure your are able to contact your loved ones. The iPhone XS is a world device and can be used internationally. Are they trying to use an international sim card? How long have they had that phone? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes