Claro Sim card not working
Freqflyer

I have a Samsung S10 that I purchased unlocked.  I recently traveled to Medellin Colombia.  I purchased a Claro sim card locally for the phone.  The phone worked for about a day and then I got a message on the phone that said this is not a Verizon sim card and the phone stopped working.  In December I traveled to Cozumel Mexico and purchased a local, non Claro, sim card.  It worked fine.  In the past, I have traveled extensively in Central and South American, as well as the Caribbean,  I have always purchased local sim cards and I have never had a problem.

Upon my return, I went to the local Verizon store and they could not help me beyond sending me to these forums.  How can I make sure this never happens again?

I have been with Verizon since they bought 360.  Maybe it's time to move on to another carrier.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Claro Sim card not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. Traveling abroad is always exciting. Being able to use your device everywhere you travel is very important. We're sorry to hear that you experienced problems using another service provider's SIM Card while traveling outside the US. 

Due to differing technologies, an unlocked Verizon Wireless device may not work – or may experience limited functionality – on another carrier’s network. In those instances, we recommend reaching out to that service provider to verify if the device you have can be activated on their network. For more info about Verizon's Device Unlock Policy, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/6601z2c1S.

-Robert C.

0 Likes
Re: Claro Sim card not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, we'd certainly regret losing you, and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come.

-Robert C.

0 Likes