Data roaming charges with Travel Pass
KJOA514

My son is in Spain and has signed up for Travel Pass. I know the roaming has to be activated for use of Verizon data but is there an additional roaming charge?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data roaming charges with Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJOA514,

Traveling can be quite exciting, and I hope your son is enjoying his stay in Spain. Regarding TravelPass, the $10/day price allows him to access the same exact calling plan that you have when in the U.S. There are not any additional roaming charges when using this feature, although the phone may have a popup when international roaming gets turned on that mentions this. If he was to visit a non-TravelPass country, that is where international charges may appear, although he'd receive a free text notification telling him about that. Does that help?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Data roaming charges with Travel Pass
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KJOA514,

Traveling can be quite exciting, and I hope your son is enjoying his stay in Spain. Regarding TravelPass, the $10/day price allows him to access the same exact calling plan that you have when in the U.S. There are not any additional roaming charges when using this feature, although the phone may have a popup when international roaming gets turned on that mentions this. If he was to visit a non-TravelPass country, that is where international charges may appear, although he'd receive a free text notification telling him about that. Does that help?

RussellM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!