Data service in Canada
STECOC41

I am in currently in Canada and my phone should be work as normal, but the data services are very slow and randomly seem to stop working. This is not my first trip out of the states. I am in Vancouver and have full 4G service, but I couldn't submit this without being on wifi.I believe I am connected through the Rodgers network. Why is data not working properly with 4G service?

0 Likes
Re: Data service in Canada
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model phone do you have?  What International Services do you have on your account?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
STECOC41

I have Samsung Galaxy S7. The have international activated and unlimited

data plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stecoc41, we understand the importance of ensuring you are able to use your phone while traveling out of the country. When traveling out of the country including Canada on your unlimited plan,you are provided with 512MB a day of 4G LTE speeds. After the 512MGB are used speeds are reduced to 2G speeds. For more information click, http://vz.to/2CXSkpL and read the international benefits section. 

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cwstnsko

What you describe is how it used to work and I was happy when it worked this way, but sometime in the last year, something changed. I use well under 512 MB per day when in Canada, and my experience is that data comes through at a full speed for a while, then if the app stops fetching data,the connection effectively slams shut, and no more data flows to that app until it has been shut down and restarted.  As an example Facebook and Twitter will load my feed normally, but while I am scrolling through the feed to find a post that I want to see the comments on, the data pipeline slams shut, and the comments/replies cannot be retrieved.  Data will generally stay locked up for that app until the app is forced closed and re-started.  Sometime, switching to a different app and using some data in the other app will get things going again in the 1st app, but nearly all of my apps seem to have data working at high speed for short windows, then the connection cut off.  This has made my Verizon phone very difficult to rely on while in Canada.

0 Likes
joshbeckfl

I have/am experiencing the same behavior in both Toronto and Montreal.  THere are periods where I will have full speed data then it will shut down (while still showing service) and nothing will work for a while and it continues to alternate like this the entire time I am in Canada roaming.  I have a GalaxyS9 and have an unlimited plan.  I get the text when I arrive in Canada that states that I get 512MB per day, but I'm not even close to that utilization.

0 Likes